8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » spare part for gs 1200 owners

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: spare part for gs 1200 owners
Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2008 08:04 PM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi again guys!,surfing by ebay i found a seller that sell a elmo
gs 1200 spare part,the part in question is the PAD ROLLER LEVER for the version 1 of the gs 1200,the curious thing is that the spare part is all manufacture in metal and painted in a very similar green colour as the gs 1200 has,i win the first auction at a hig price and ask the seller if he has more in stock..the good news are that he has a lot in stock all manufacture in metal not plastics and the starting bid is about 38 ound sterlings,here is the link for your consideration :
http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270235129000&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RCRX_Pr2_PcY_BID_IT&refitem=270231425621&itemcount=2&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=Cros sSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26its%3DS%252BI%26itu%3DUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D2
long live super 8!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

|  IP: Logged

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2008 02:30 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More good news! Let us know how you get on with it Jose.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 08, 2008 05:22 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I bet that Ugo knows something about this part [Wink]

This part often cracks round the grub screws and is then unusable. In later production Elmo strengthened this by putting a metal bush in the centre which does seem to work quite well even though some cracking still seems to occur.

Think I would prefer to leave it unpainted as it would then look quite cool on the machine.

Now if someone can produce this part what about the guides?

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2008 07:15 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quote: "Now if someone can produce this part what about the guides?"

My thought exactly [Smile]

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2008 07:34 AM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At the moment im waiting the part to arrive to my country.
IŽll report
how works as soon i test it on my machine,i hope works well because my machine is stopped since that plastic part broke,see that part on ebay was glory for me despite the hig price i paid for it..about 109 pounds sterlings:rolleyes:

--------------------

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2008 09:24 PM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well friends, as i said before this is the report of the spare part for the gs.the first thing i note when the part was in my hand is that was alittle bit heavy comparing with original plastic part,the part is really well made and fit very well on the gs,looks like that part always belong to the projector because the painting is almost the same colour that the original gs has.testing the part i can say that works very well despite the little weigth,i show the full feature of "the king and i" and " scanners" without problems so i recomend the buying of this metal part to all the gs version 1 owners.
[Smile]

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 22, 2008 03:42 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I too have one of these parts on the way from Marco so will also report once I have tried it.

Mine is unpainted as I think it will look cool on the GS in gleaming metal finish along with the metal input guide from FFR.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 23, 2008 08:44 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too have one on its way to my v1 GS... [Big Grin]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC