8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Attention Doug or Brad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Attention Doug or Brad
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 08, 2008 10:36 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am no longer able to upload pictures. When I press the submit button the Film Tech message comes up that my log-in has failed, even though I am logged into the forum and the main forum recognizes my password. Help please.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 08, 2008 10:58 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

Help is on the way.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 08, 2008 03:25 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul
I had the same problem a few days ago, password did not work in the end I gave up.

Graham.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted May 08, 2008 07:24 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Fixed

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 08, 2008 10:14 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Brad!

Paul, I think that "Elmig" upload was just too much for the system to handle. [Big Grin]

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 09, 2008 01:55 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Brad [Smile]

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2008 08:39 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess the Elmig creator hacked the system.

Good ol' engineers

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 09, 2008 01:01 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Doug and Brad. I just successfully uploaded a pic on the 9.5mm forum and so everything is now back to normal.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 09, 2008 05:26 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Elmig was nice, but I wonder what became of Eumo? [Big Grin] I want a Mark Xenon [Wink]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 09, 2008 07:44 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan,
Whereas the Elmig combined all the best features of the Elmo GS1200 and the Eumig S938, the Eumo projector unfortunately combined all the worst. Movie Maker's August 1982 test report was rather harsh, stating that the Eumo scratched film, caused splices to jump, would not stay in focus for more than 30 seconds, autothreading was very unreliable, the feed spool kept falling off, bulbs only lasted 5 hours, and the sound was very uneven and susceptible to WOW, although a lot of people feel that the projectors real weak point was the 50ft spool capacity.
Only a few Eumo's were ever sold, mainly in the UK where Eumig had a big following. After the Movie Maker report hit the presses, the Eumo was quietly withdrawn from production. If you see one on ebay, snap it up, as they have now become a much sought after collectors item. I spotted one at the May 2007 BFCC, where Keith Wilton was using it as a door stop to the main entrance of the Ealing town hall. By the end of the day some lucky collector had snapped it up.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 10, 2008 02:26 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL. Thanks for the laugh. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC