8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » May BFCC (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: May BFCC
Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 10, 2008 10:03 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Chaps, only a couple of weeks to go before the next BFCC bash on the 24th May. It looks like Mr Wilton & Mr Clancy are all set for another classic day out.

Who else will be attending? Are you up for a forum get together at lunch time by the projection area?

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 10, 2008 12:54 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry lads, without me this time. [Frown]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 10, 2008 03:12 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bought my train tickets 2 weeks ago.
Thanks to a sister-in-law living in Forest Gate, we are able to have a 4 day visit.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 10, 2008 04:52 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Count me and the wife in Craig. Hotel booked for the weekend. Looking forward to the "Sons of the Desert" meeting at lunchtime - see you all there (perhaps in October Jean-Marc?).

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 10, 2008 05:52 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I shall also be there.
I would like to get as many members of the forum who are attending together at about 1pm if that will be at all possible as I have a few matters I wish to clear up regarding the forum [Eek!] no nothing serious [Smile]
I will confirm the exact time nearer the date.

I believe that Mr Clancy will be supplying the Scones and Cornish clotted cream along with the Scrumpy [Wink]

See you all there, Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 10, 2008 07:26 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone taking a digital camera along and post some photos on the forum for the poor unfortunate folk [Frown] who cant make it.

Graham. [Smile]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 11, 2008 02:10 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham: there's always a full pictorial report on the BFCC's website after each convention.

Keith: I hope I can make it in October but this will depend on job assignements. Therefore it's too early to tell... Keeping my fingers crossed.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 11, 2008 10:58 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Meanwhile I'm headed for Argentina (albeit not for another 3 months)... seemingly getting as far away from the UK as is possible without leaving the planet altogether! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 11, 2008 12:56 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I say over and again, we can have a similar bash here for collectors

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2008 02:42 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get a passport Joe! I'd love to see a BFCC start up in the USA but despite the numbers of enthusiasts the size of the country is against it. Blighty may be difficult to get around owing to over population but at least a convention is only a couple of hundred miles from most collectors.

But if you can get one going no doubt you'll see some of us English folk making the trip.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2008 04:58 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm also up for the BFCC-business as usual [Smile]

--------------------
Yannis

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2008 07:07 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will also be going.

But I heard from a dealer that this is the pentultimate BFCC at Ealing so next year it will be a different venue.

Graham S

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2008 02:06 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which dealer Graham?

Rest assured the convention is remaining as it is unless you hear otherwise from Keith Wilton. If there is to be a change of venue you'll hear it from the BFCC team first. And it will remain at two conventions per annum at the same time of the year for as long as is viable.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2008 07:14 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry John, Im not naming names but he was a long standing dealer who I have known for years.

But I didnt believe him as you have stated before on this forum that the BFCC will remain at Ealing even if the price goes up a bit. [Smile]

Graham S

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2008 03:32 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But just so there is no confusion... the threat from the Ealing Council is to stick a supermarket on the Town Hall car park. As time has gone on this supermarket idea has shrunk a bit and it is now down to a part of the car park. However, being as we don't want to risk being out on our ear with no place to go Keith has made enquiries at the local Christian centre and there is the possibility that we can switch venues to there if we have to.

Now before everyone starts thinking this sounds like some sort of church let me re-assure you. The venue in question was formerly known as the Top Hat Club and prior to that the Northfields Odeon. It has since been lavishly restored as can be seen in the Men Behind the Movies (can't remember which part). We had been keeping this rather secret because people tend to put 2 and 2 together and make 5.

Nothing is finalized and the BFCC is booked for October at the Town Hall. The schedule of the supermarket planning is for a meeting in September.

For those that can't remember the Top Hat Club was the venue for the BFCC in the early 90's until the alcoholic manager of the time did the dirty on us 2 weeks before a convention and heralded the switch to the Ealing Town Hall.

--------------------

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2008 04:55 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info, John.
I liked the Top Hat as a venue except that first year when the dealers area was very dark and gloomy.
If you do have to return there, hopefully the restoration will provide better facilities for dealers.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2008 02:45 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's all been opened up Mal so the light problem Keith had to solve by hanging his own whopping big halogen units won't be an issue. Also, as there aren't as many dealers nowadays it shouldn't be such a tight fit either.

It's all just a stand by for the future of course. Personally I think it would give the hobby a bit of a shot in the arm for a while if the convention moved back there.

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 15, 2008 09:39 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, what is the location of the Top Hat in relation to the Ealing Town Hall?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2008 10:26 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is any one else coming down from West Sussex??

I have just booked my train ticket so I will be there bright and early as per usual to help John and Keith put up the screen etc.

Hope to meet up with the other forum members there.

Cheers Mark W

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2008 01:25 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regrettably I will have to bow out this time, due to work once again, but the October bash is on!

Have a super time, everyone. I'm turning green with envy already.

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2008 02:38 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A note in the little black book against David then!

Thanks Mark, your efforts will be rewarded! I just hope you can remember how to put the damn thing up!

Paul, the Top Hat Club/Ealing Christian Society/Northfields Odeon is probably a mile or so away from the Town Hall but it's opposite the Northfields tube station so actually easier for most people. It has its own car park too.

I'm away for a couple of days doing some Triumph classic car things (Triumph Marque Day at Prescott Hill Climb for a start) so if anyone tries to contact me don't worry if there's a bit of a delay even though we're only 8 days away from the big event at Ealing.

--------------------

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2008 03:36 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh, John. How do I redeem myself, and repent for the error of my ways?

The thing is, we are going to be moving offices that weekend. Since our son joined our Company as a full time Partner, work seems to have increased quite considerably, and we have outgrown our existing facility. We had hoped to be in on May 1st, but what with legal issues and solicitors, etc., delays have occurred. It's probably going to take a good week, if not longer before everything, including our laboratory test equipment is transferred to the new premises, so we hope to be up and running early in June - we'll see.

However, it goes without saying, I'd much rather be at the BFCC. [Frown]

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2008 04:11 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-John,

Well it looks like its just me coming down from West Sussex now as both Mike Peckham and David Pannell are unable to attend.

Let's hope we get a few more helpers on the day.

See you bright and early next week.

Now which part of the screen goes where???? LOL
[Smile]

Cheers Mark W

Paul Tivy
Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2008 04:30 AM      Profile for Paul Tivy   Email Paul Tivy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can lend a hand if you're short - I'll just catch an earlier train than usual. But how early is super early and how do I get in?

Best wishes,

Tiv

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2008 02:40 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, it would be great to have you lend a hand! We generally start the screen around 8am so if you could get there then we'll only be too pleased to see you. Just come up the main stairs to the Victoria Hall and we should either be in there already or hanging around outside those big double doors awaiting the Town Hall staff to get their jobs finalized. Sometimes they can get upset if we seem too pushy!

Good grief, there's only five days to go now!

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC