8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » This site may help you to understand your 8mm foreign languages

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This site may help you to understand your 8mm foreign languages
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 15, 2008 11:39 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friend refers me to http://www.opensubtitles.com/

I have registered (you have to register first to use their sevice), but haven't had time to study more about them.

But my friend told me that the site provides us with subtitles of movies around the globe.

This may help you in understanding the film if you have Germany or French prints (for example) and havent had a time or don't want to re-dub it to English‏.

I have an idea to combine VP (using the power point) screened at the same time with an 8mm projector at synch to have subtitle on the bottom screen. Any one has tried this?

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 16, 2008 12:11 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having a definite sense of deja vu here... I swear there was a thread about this exact idea here before, quite some time ago...

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC