8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Single 8 Processing Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Single 8 Processing Question
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2008 04:15 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have some process paid Single 8 cartridges; will Fuji still process them without charge? And what's the address I need to send them to?

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 24, 2008 07:40 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Simon, I think they now need to go to Japan for processing. From what I have heard they will still honor the processing paid cassettes as long as they are in the correct mailers supplied with the film.

Dont know the address but I'm sure a google on the net will find it for you.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2008 04:12 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simon, I send my single 8 R25 to Retro 8 [URL=http://film.club.ne.jp/english/englishindex.html], Takes a few weeks to turn around, but they come back on the white fuji spoolsin the proper fuji boxes.
Sugest you Email them first for an invoice, they accept paypal.

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2008 05:01 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simon,
Ive only ever bought my single 8 cartridges from the Widescreen Centre (London Baker Street) and returned them there for processing, who in turn send them to japan. The whole process takes 3 weeks and costs £9 processing. They are returned from the WS on fuji white spools and fuji boxes. I think they would process single 8 even if you didnt buy it there, and saves the hassle of posting them to japan yourself.

Question: Isnt single8 E6 processing?

Graham S

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 25, 2008 05:15 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes as far as I know it is E6 or a variant.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2008 04:39 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

the fujichrome rt200n and r25n are e6-processing with a special first step to remove the remjet-layer (requires some special chemicals). When you don't do this special step, some black goo will stick everywhere in your processing device.
All other currently available Single8-films ("Cinevia") are standard e6 - except for the RetroX, which is standard b&w.

Jörg

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 27, 2008 09:11 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the search for the processing address goes on! Fuji (UK) couldn't help me...I got put through to the digital camera helpline!

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted May 27, 2008 10:19 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I've been led to believe Fuji do not accept single 8 cartridges for processing sent from outside of Japan, so in the past I have sent my cartridges of R25 to Retro Enterprises who then send them on to Fuji for development.
I also film with K40 , processing via Dwaynes so it didn't cross my mind to use the fuji prepaid envelopes & so I have paid Retro for the processing.
If you have any luck with your prepaid mailers I'd be interested as I've got those 5 prepaid R25's from the BFCC.

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 27, 2008 11:09 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As I've been led to believe Fuji do not accept single 8 cartridges for processing sent from outside of Japan, so in the past I have sent my cartridges of R25 to Retro Enterprises who then send them on to Fuji for development.
That's correct - even though http://www.retro8.com/ isn't the only company that provides this service. E.g. when you're in the USA http://www.single8film.com/ would be faster/more convenient.

There are rumours that Fuji Germany still accepts Single8 films and forwards them to Japan. But they've been waiting for a certain amount of carts before they did so. And hence the last one who tested this and wrote about it on some German forums in 2003 had to wait 3-4 months before his film returned processed. So Retro8 is faster - from Germany in average 3 weeks for processing or 4 weeks for processing & striping.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC