8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL
Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2008 11:20 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering if anyone knew if Ken Films ever released a 400 foot reel of DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL? I see the 200 foot reel for sale once in awhile and a 16mm print is very costly.

|  IP: Logged

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2008 06:40 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Larry. Ken never released a 400 foot version of that title. I thought it would have been a good release.

However, CHC was selling full-length version of The Day The Earth Stood Still a few years back. I'm not sure if they a still offering it though.

James.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 26, 2008 09:43 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 200' Ken release of "The Day the Earth Stood Still" is such a disappointment. Ken chose to concentrate on the title event, when all transportion comes to a standstill. There is only a quick shot of the spaceship's arrival, the robot Gort is seen only briefly and there's no "Klaatu barada nikto!"

-

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2008 11:18 AM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the info.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC