8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig S 926 GL electronics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig S 926 GL electronics
Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2008 04:38 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I’m Martin Jones and I’m new to your Forum. As far as I know the only member I have come across before is Maurice Leakey who back in the days of ACE pointed me in the direction of a book on 3-D movies, for which I am very grateful. My days of taking film are past; I’m both retired and impecunious! So now my interests lie in collecting equipment for as little as possible and renovating it. I’m also interested in telecine work using basic equipment and in all things three dimensional.
So let me throw my hat in the ring.

I have two Eumig super 8 machines (S 934 and 824 Sonomatic) as well as an Elmo ST 600M. 9.5mm and silent 16mm are catered for by a Specto Dual 500. 16mm sound ...... a B&H 601 (cut my teeth as school projectionist on one of those back in the 50’s), a couple of later B&H FilmoSounds (640 series) and an Eiki RT. Also a Specto Royal standard 8, and of course my much modified Cinerex 818 (don’t laugh, it’s surprisingly robust and gives very steady pictures) which I use for R8 and S8 transfers direct from the gate. In addition I have several standard, Single 8 and Super 8 cameras, plus lots of odd items. And manuals for most of them which I can copy if it helps anyone. And yes, I also have one current problem.........

I have acquired a Eumig S 926 GL (it appears from the forum that this is a popular model) for a very small sum because four of the sound electronics control knobs were broken off and so also was the focussing pip on the lens barrel. I have no problem with dealing with these (I was an electronics engineer); the focussing is now back to normal and I have fabricated and fitted new slider tangs using ali angle and super glue, but....

A previous owner has obviously tried to investigate the broken sliders because in attempting to gain access to them (very difficult unless you know how!) some of the interconnecting plugs between the machine and circuit board were unplugged. I have no way of telling whether the others have been unplugged at some time and replaced, as the plugs fit to header pins on the board with no polarising sockets to assist in location. I am somewhat wary of using “trial and error” as some plugs may be low signal level and some carrying DC voltages. So is there anyone out there with a service manual page showing the plug positions and which way round? Or has someone had the same problem and has made notes during disassembly and reassembly? So if anyone can help, please........ Perhaps I can also help someone with their problem?

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC