8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 55th BFCC - 3D Anaglyph glasses required!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 55th BFCC - 3D Anaglyph glasses required!
John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 27, 2008 04:06 PM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've only just returned home this evening and the first job has been to update www.bfcc.biz . Take a look on the past events page for three pages containing piccies from Saturday's event.

Great to see everyone again. I wish I had more time to socialize! Tiv's 3D video equipment is verrrrrry impressive! Get on with that editing Tiv!

Thanks to everyone for coming and especially to Mark Williams, Tiv, Colin and Rose Hunt for all the help on the day. Also to Paul Adsett for coming all the way from the USA (again!), Yanis from across the channel (plus a few countries! Again!!!) and Jean-Christophe from Belgique!

What a wonderful hobby. And what a great bunch to share it with. I really enjoyed this one!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 27, 2008 05:01 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like everyone had a great time. Tiv's 3-D stills are stunning! I can't wait for the video.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 27, 2008 05:59 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Forgot to say earlier that it was great to meet up with Brian Murphy who turned up during the morning in support of the BFCC.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 28, 2008 06:52 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the pics, lads.
Tiv, your 3D shot of the screen being built is spectacular!

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 28, 2008 06:54 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-John,

As always it was a pleasure for me to help out again,looking forward to the next convention in Oct!!!

Tiv-Those 3-D photo's were great!!

Cheers Mark W

Paul Tivy
Film Handler

- posted May 28, 2008 07:46 AM      Profile for Paul Tivy   Email Paul Tivy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your kind words gentlemen. All creative faculties severely impaired by 12 hour night shifts at the moment (what day is it? Where am I? etc). On Friday though, I'm off to Holland to see the Love Of My Life, Agnes Of Orange. I'll try and get the vid edited while she's at work. Of course, I'm supposed to be learning Dutch then and she's getting a bit suspicious that after 5 years, all I can say is 'When is the next train to Amsterdam?'. I feel another apology coming on...

Best wishes,

Tiv

Best wishes,

Tiv

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 28, 2008 08:27 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm....there are no new pics on my BFCC website. Have they been taken off again?

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 28, 2008 08:31 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

Did you click on the "Past Events" link? 3-D wonders await you!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 28, 2008 08:40 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, of course I did - but the last pics available are Oct 2007.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 28, 2008 09:38 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Refresh your browser's window.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 28, 2008 11:36 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing....!!!!!
What the f*** am I doing wrong here.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2008 02:46 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seems strange Michael. Try www.bfcc.biz/55thbfccpage1.html

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2008 06:56 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, go to the past events page and then press the F5 key on your keyboard.

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2008 06:59 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John...

Just got Keith's latest double-DVD showing your cinema. You are showing a superb Leyland film in one clip; is this Super 8, 16 or 35 mm? I love Leyland vehicles!

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 29, 2008 07:23 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorted it out.

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] Brain Fade [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Great photos.

-Mike

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2008 03:01 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Leyland film is actually 35mm although we weren't really running it at the time so a bit of Wiltonish effects there methinks. However, that advert has a bit of a story to tell... For years I'd been talking to Keith about a video all about the Triumph TR7 because I figured it would sell better than all the home cinema/film collecting videos Keith has produced over the years. I had a lot of archive footage and had access to a wealth of material and information all about the cars (and whatever anyone thinks of the cars, the story is far from dull). One day when I turned up at Keith's sprocket hole to view a reel of adverts he'd just acquired my eyes nearly popped out of my head when the Leyland item appeared on the screen. "I'm having that!" I said. And it really did appear in my DVD that came out in April last year. But I don't think I'll ever get involved in anything quite like that again as I spent months sorting out copyright issues.

Keith's reel 2 of Armchair Odeons has come out extremely well. I think it's better than it was originally and even surpasses reel 1 for impact and excellence. Can't stand watching myself though, so that apart it's an outstanding release. Thank goodness he filmed all these wonderful home cinemas when the hobby was thriving and thank goodness the tapes survived!

By the way, I'm now working on a DVD all about the Triumph Stag. Not much in the way of copyright issues yet though, thankfully.

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 31, 2008 06:14 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Tiv, Those 3D images on the BFCC site are brilliant. Got my red/blue glasses out tonight and I was really impressed how that screen stand in the first image just leapt out of the screen towards me.

Well done, great shots. Lets see some more [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC