8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Stooge Shorts ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stooge Shorts ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 29, 2008 05:44 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay Doug, (or others with a list)

This may be a long list, but,

1. Does anybody have a full list of Stooge shorts, mostly by Columbia, (as they released the best quality Super 8 stooge shorts, of course), that were released on Super 8.

(I would love to find a full 400ft release of "Hold That Lion")

2. Were any of the feature films that starred the Stooges
ever released as a full feature? (they did full length features folks!)

3. How about those rarities, like the 2X400ft "Stooges Go West" (with Shemp), I think that was a Walton release, but I'm not sure.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 29, 2008 10:42 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

Here's a Three Stooges list from May of 2006.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 30, 2008 08:37 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Doug.

I was sad to see that "Hold That Lion" was not on the list, as it was the ONLY Stooge short to have all four stooges in it.

Shemp had just joined the group a few shorts before this none and they are on a train. They are going through a passenger car. They hear some strange "snoring", they lift up a hat of a passenger,

... and it's Curly!

They three of them, (Shemp moe and Larry), look at each other in disbelief, then proceed to the next train car.

--------------------

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2008 06:34 PM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
This was Curly's last appearance in a Stooge short given he had suffered a stroke --

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 07, 2008 10:18 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interestingly, there was one more stooge short (during Shemps reign) that Curly was supposed to be in, but the scene was cut out shortly before the film was released.

All that exists are a few snapshots from the footage. Curly plays a most naughty chef.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC