8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Many Thank's To Steve Osborne

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Many Thank's To Steve Osborne
Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2008 06:09 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to publicly say a big "thank you" to Steve Osborne for trading with me in regard's to my Buhl len's kit. Steve sent me up a 16mm print (LPP) of Irwin Allen's tv movie "Fire". Now I have both tv movie's he produced on LPP. The other one I have is "Flood" with Robert Culp. I gave him the len's kit for the movie and Steve only asked for the postage.

If you read this Steve many thank's again for trading!!!

All The Best,

--Tom [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 30, 2008 06:17 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, toldja Steve's a good Joe! (named Steve).

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2008 01:45 AM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not many Sellers would give you the time of day after ... how many years has it been ??

[Smile]

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 31, 2008 02:32 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve's top-of-the-line, bar none. Been scribbling a column for his sharp publication many years, dating back to the 80's - THE finest tradesman and dealer around - And that's from Shorty

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2008 02:41 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve Osborne is, without a doubt, the best person to do business with when it comes to the super 8 hobby. He really goes beyond the line when it comes to making sure his customers/fellow collectors are satisfied. Top billing for Steve!

James.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 31, 2008 06:18 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not only all the praise listed above ...

Steve will surprise you with things you never expected. many a time I have bought a feature from him, and he (knowing my cartoon preferences) will send a FREE cartoon from time to time, (more often than not).

Though I love other sellers as well, honestly, NO ONE else actually does such things anymore. It's those little touches that really stun me about Steve.

Hey Shorty, watch for Optical Sound Features, part 3 in the next issue of "Reel Images". I don't know if he'll print my article, "In Search of Hoppity" in the next issue. If not that one, it'sll be in a future issue!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2008 02:22 AM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ERROR

[ June 01, 2008, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: Tom A. Pennock ]

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2008 02:56 AM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes !

Probably a bad choice of wording and a misunderstanding on my part - no attack intended at all Tom.

I was under the impression that after several years he took the lens back and it all ended happily - perhaps Im confused.

My comment was intended to communicate that most sellers would not want to deal with anyone's return after such a long period of time had elapsed, and that Steve was a good man to do so - it was not an attack

once again - my apologies

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2008 03:12 AM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Roy:

No problem at all. No apology necessary!!!

Still Your Friend,

--Tom

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC