8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 55th BFCC 3D Video

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 55th BFCC 3D Video
Paul Tivy
Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2008 03:05 PM      Profile for Paul Tivy   Email Paul Tivy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings from Holland!

Finished editing the 3D vid of the May BFCC today and put it up on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxvlykI8AVM I have a better looking avi file of this (29.9mb), but no idea of how to put it up on the forum.

Best wishes,

Tiv

|  IP: Logged

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 02, 2008 04:13 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent stuff, Tiv.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2008 05:22 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice job Tiv, I always enjoy getting a taste of what goes on over there! [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2008 04:41 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Outstanding!

Even ol' Wilts' will enjoy that. In fact, how about sending him a copy as we may get it screened at the next convention. After all, we have about 200 pairs of 3D glasses for just these occasions!

Well done Tiv!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Paul Tivy
Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2008 05:25 AM      Profile for Paul Tivy   Email Paul Tivy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice idea John. As we speak I'm trying out different codecs to get the least ghosting for mastering to DVD. Anaglyphs are always tricky from that point of view. I know Mr Wilton has the field sequential system, so I'll stick it in that format too. Should look a lot better, but impractical for a mass audience due to the cost of the glasses. However, I did meet a chap at the BFCC who was using two digital projectors with polarising filters and polarised glasses (available cheaply) - the best of all possible worlds. whether we could persuade him to lug his equipment down for the sake of a 5 minute clip though...hmmm.........

Best wishes,

Tiv

Paul Tivy
Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2008 08:39 AM      Profile for Paul Tivy   Email Paul Tivy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, for polarised projection we'd need a silver screen, which we don't have. Back to anaglyph then. I must be working too hard. Rats!

Best wishes,

Tiv

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted June 03, 2008 09:17 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool vid, Tiv. Felt like being there.
(I have a silver screen but it's only 55 inches wide.)

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2008 02:39 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No doubt it will look even better using the field sequential LCD glasses but it still looks darned impressive in the anaglyph version you've produced. And that's only looking at the small YouTube screen! I'm very impressed with your little setup and I can't believe how simple the filming process is.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2008 10:54 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, definitely works a treat.

Tiv, would you mind telling us how you did this (what camera, how the anaglyph is created, etc)?

Paul Tivy
Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2008 12:03 PM      Profile for Paul Tivy   Email Paul Tivy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your interest Bill. Please see the thread 'My 3D Video Camera' in the General Yak section.

Best wishes,

Tiv

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC