8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » JASON SCAN

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: JASON SCAN
Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2008 08:00 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can someone please post a scan of one of old JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS boxes from Columbia. Preferably reel #1 "Talos", but any will do. I just bought the set on one reel and want to tape the artwork on it. Thanks in advance!

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 02, 2008 09:15 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, sorry I don't have one. But I am curios to know if your print has faded or not?

thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 02, 2008 11:17 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian,

I've e-mailed you higher res scans of both of these covers. When I first started collecting I got the 4 silent Standard 8mm versions. Later on I picked up the B&W sound Super 8's. A few years ago on eBay I won all 4 in Super 8, color & sound. Surprisingly (Winbert), the color was still good!
I also have the Derann feature. Yes, I like this film!

-

-

Doug

[ June 03, 2008, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Douglas Meltzer ]

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2008 10:04 AM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug - Thanks for the scan...

Winbert - I bought all four on one reel in regular 8mm colo/sound. I'm expecting the color to be gone. I have to say all the prints I have had of Jason have been red, except in the 80's I had beautiful prints that I sold but they're probably red now as well. Does anyone have unfaded copies of these? The Columbia prints really aren't holding up well - another collector told me the lab they used (Triangle) was the worst as far as stock that fades. Too bad because their editing was so good on these digests...

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 03, 2008 09:20 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, that what I was thinking of Columbia's prints. I don;t know hoe good is Doug's prints. If it is warming (where the colors are still present but tends to red), then, it is about the time to fade at all.

Doug, would you be able to take some screen shots please (and also for my previous request for Battlestar Galactica), if time permits, of course.

thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 03, 2008 10:36 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

At some point I'll try to get the screen shots you requested, but it won't be for awhile. Time is fairly tight, so I don't mind doing a quick scan, but screen shots are another matter. Until then, you'll just have to trust me........ [Big Grin]

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC