8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » High powered ST1200HD!?! 200W!?!1500W!?! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: High powered ST1200HD!?! 200W!?!1500W!?!
Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2008 07:27 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So the EFR is a 15-volt, 150w lamp, not the 24v lamp of the GS. I'm slowly getting the picture.

Paul, I just bought a few EFPs for my Eumig that claim to be Xenophot HLX bulbs, and I'll find out shortly if they're truly a "performance" bulb or not. They were dirt cheap.

Either there's a trademark license, violation, or these are genuine Osrams. For as cheap as they are, it's worth a try, right?

|  IP: Logged

James E. Stubbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2008 12:21 AM      Profile for James E. Stubbs   Email James E. Stubbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got this email from the lightbulb lady here in Portland. Seems more likely to be the correct bulb. I'll find out tomorrow.

hi
the computer said i have several EFR bulbs. they are 12.9o each. we are at 3901 N Mississippi Ave open 8-5:30 tomorrow.
kay at lightlady dot com
www.sunlanlighting.com

--------------------
James E. Stubbs
Consultant, Vagabond, Traveler.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 29, 2008 03:27 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Digressing slightly, Bill, the lamp for the Elmo GS-1200 is the 24v, 200w, ESC.

This lamp is made for the Elmo. The bulb has a smaller filament to cover the 8mm gate.

The EJL (24v 200w) can be used at a pinch. There will be less light output as it's designed for 16mm use and the larger bulb filament covers the 16mm gate. Therefore, if used in the GS-1200 not all the light can get through the 8mm gate.

I use the word "bulb" to refer to the actual light output section, not the overall reflector unit which is, of, course, the same for each lamp.

[ August 29, 2008, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: Maurice Leakey ]

--------------------
Maurice

James E. Stubbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2008 06:31 PM      Profile for James E. Stubbs   Email James E. Stubbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok it's official: For all our friends on the USA side of the pond, Kay the lightbulb lady at www.sunlanlighting.com 3901 N. Mississippi Portland, OR. Has all the Xenophots you need! Her online catolog only lists daylight lighing. But haveing been in the store, trust me, she has about every conceiveable bulb on earth. Including about every possible Xenophot you'd need. The box reads: XENOPHOT 64634 HLX EFR 15v 150w GZ6, 35 That's the USA stock numebrs etc. It was $18.95 and she has plenty in stock. Has the 12v 100W common to ST-180E, ST600/800 And many other Osram Xenophot bulbs. She will ship anywhere. She can be reached at [kay at lightlady dotcom]
 -

--------------------
James E. Stubbs

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 29, 2008 07:23 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank's so much James - that is great news. I will be placing an order for some Xenophots next week. Maybe we should post our test results.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted August 29, 2008 10:02 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James
here are some light readings that you might find of interest from Moviemaker

ST1200 15/150watt fitted with a 1.3 lens in "foot candles"

low setting....centre brightness...18
high setting...centre brightness...24

ST1200 same lamp but this time fitted with a 1.1 lens

low setting....centre brightness...25
high setting...centre brightness...31

and for those with a GSI200 1.1 lens 200watt ESC lamp

low...27
high..39

not a lot of light difference between the GS1200 and the ST1200 with its 150watt "using a 1.1 lens on both projectors"

a rough guess they used to say about 25% more light with the 1.1 compared with the 1.3.

Graham.

PS. I think it would be fare to say that using a 200watt EJL that many people use in there GS1200 would produce less light than the standard EFR 150watt used in the ST1200, using a "150watt Xenophot" and 1.1 lens would be the way to go.

James E. Stubbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2008 03:24 AM      Profile for James E. Stubbs   Email James E. Stubbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Grham, that's golden information. I've put the Xenophot in and have been watching movies w/ my boys for hours. I'm a very fortunate fathter in that they realy enjoy watching the movies and will even ask to watch them.

The Xenophot is brilliant!!!!! It's 20%+ brighter than the original Elmo bulb on low! On high it's 40% brighter overall. At least it seems that way! I can't belive how brilliant my films look. Films that looked blotted out and really faded have come back to life w/ the new bulb. I'm watching WC Field's "If I Had A Million" just now. It the B&W looks brilliant and nice and contrasty! Man what a difference a new bulb makes. I think the original Elmo bulb must not have been that good and also very old. The color temp of the Xenophot is so much whiter it really makes my pinkish films look brilliant. I can't praise these bulbs enough.

Thank you Lighlady Kay [kayatlightladydotcom]for having them and thank you Osram for such brillance.
Cheers,

--------------------
James E. Stubbs

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 30, 2008 04:02 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just love a happy ending.

--------------------
Maurice

James E. Stubbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2009 06:59 PM      Profile for James E. Stubbs   Email James E. Stubbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just talked to Steve at Reel Image. For those on the Americas side of the pond. He has ECCO ESC's 24v 200W for GS1200's for $33ea. or 2 for $60. Also has every other bulb including Xenophots you could want. thereelimage_043 at yahoo dot com.
Cheers,

--------------------
James E. Stubbs

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC