8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo ST1200

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo ST1200
Inge Waan
Junior

- posted September 02, 2008 03:12 PM      Profile for Inge Waan   Email Inge Waan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

A while ago I bought some 8mm equipment which included an elmo st1200 projector. Since my interest in the 8mm things has disappeared I maybe want to sell this projector. I've been searching around and I noticed it's value could climb quite high.
However I haven't got a clue in what state the projector is in. I'm recon very good since there's a label still hangin on the machine.
There is one thing I'm wondering; on pictures of the machine on the internet you see mostly 2 big 'coils' (I think is the English word), one is where the film is rolled on and the other one is where it's going to be when you play it. Somebody told me that you must have one coil because it's the 'key part' of the machine, is this true? Because I don't have any of the coils.

And second, can somebody tell me the value of this machine in the current state.

Greetz,
Inge

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 02, 2008 04:09 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
You are referring to a take-up spool. No you dont have to supply one with the machine as they are fairly easy to come by and reasonable in cost.

What model exactly is this machine?

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

James E. Stubbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 04, 2008 01:48 AM      Profile for James E. Stubbs   Email James E. Stubbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Inge, there are 3 models of the ST-1200. ST-1200, ST-1200D,
ST-1200HD. The last one being of the most value. It also depends on how old it is. Does it run properly. Does it have a case. Does it have the instruction manual, the original take up reel, the case, any accesories etc. Is it in perfect running order? Or do all the belts need to be replaced, which is likely with most machines. If it runs but needs all it's belt's and a bulb it may be worth as little as $50 USD And it it's perfect w/ all the accessories, new belts etc, as much as $500 USD It's a pretty wide range. Post the exact model number, the condition, and what all comes with it and someone will certianly give you a solid range of values for it. You likely will have success selling it right here in the "for sale" section.
Cheers,

--------------------
James E. Stubbs
Consultant, Vagabond, Traveler.

Inge Waan
Junior

- posted September 04, 2008 01:39 PM      Profile for Inge Waan   Email Inge Waan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the reactions.
It's the Elmo ST-1200D model, serial number:120887. It still has an 'important' notice attached to the handle to carry it, also the warranty ticket is here but there isn't any date set. The original black case as well as the machine itself are in perfect condition. It looks like shiny new.
The inside, I haven't got a clue. Quite a while ago I already asked on this forum how to check it but I never engaged myself to do this...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC