8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What's this Elmo editor worth?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's this Elmo editor worth?
Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2008 10:34 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw this Elmo editor on Ebay, and am wondering if any of you have ever used one of these. It looks fantastic, but looks can be deceiving. Opinions please!

(Warning: the selling price is high, and the Buy-It-Now price is crazy.)

|  IP: Logged

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2008 02:42 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill,

I've come accross this editor a few times, it's OK and does the job quite well (I prefer the Goko editors myself) and has the handy 800' reel capacity, but at a start price of $100 and he has a reserve on it too, I'm wondering if it may be a bit on the pricey side, still I'm no expert on prices in the U.S., here in the U.K. I would expect that to sell for around £75-80 (if I'm lucky), so if you can get it for the equivelent in U.S. Dollars then that would seem reasonable, its just the thought that he has placed a reserve on this auction, and a hefty 'Buy It Now' price.

Colin Edwards
Junior

- posted September 12, 2008 04:36 AM      Profile for Colin Edwards     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Iam sure there is one for sale on the uk ebay site £4.99
and no bids as yet 270274849819

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 12, 2008 07:12 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Colin

It is the same item.

--------------------
Maurice

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2008 12:03 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice work. I'll be watching these. Thanks!

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2008 08:35 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the only thing with the uk editor is that it may not be usable here in the states.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Jim Carlile
Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2008 03:40 AM      Profile for Jim Carlile   Email Jim Carlile   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Worth about $75, but they go for more.

Much better--- infinitely better-- are the Goko RM 5000 and RM 8000 editors, but you never see these anywhere.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted September 14, 2008 05:23 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If that is in good condition and 100% working they can go for around $225-295. I had 2 of them and they sold for $225 and $295. But then again I have seen them sell for $125 on a bad day. They are nice machines but the Goko RM8008 is the one that I use now. Stunning rerecording sound quality! His buy it now price is a little high but his starting price is fair. I dont think you will find that one for $75 or less unless its at a garage sale.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 14, 2008 05:51 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
These Elmo editors are re badged Goko's. Goko made editors for many projector and camera manufacturers.

I have a Goko RM8008 Stereo machine but it now has head wear after all these years but then it has had a good thrashing. What's interesting about it is that the RM5000 upwards range use the same motor as on the GS1200. If I see a scrap one I will be tempted to pick it up just for the motor.

Great machines.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2008 05:15 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sold my own Goko at eBay a few months ago for £82.00-and it wasn't in perfect condition I must say! Well worth it!

--------------------
Yannis

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2008 05:32 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have an instruction manual for the Elmo 912/S that they could perhaps scan for me please? Thanks in anticipation.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Joerg Niggemann
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2008 04:02 AM      Profile for Joerg Niggemann   Email Joerg Niggemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a Goko RM 8008:

click

Joerg

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC