8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » anybody know this projector??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anybody know this projector??
Edouard Dubertret
Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2008 07:33 AM      Profile for Edouard Dubertret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Find that on ebay : Goko Telecine Player TC 20
Never seen it before...?

http://cgi.ebay.de/Goko-Telecine-Payer-TC-20_W0QQitemZ330270997002QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330270997002&_trkparms=72%3A146%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0. m14

|  IP: Logged

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2008 09:10 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edouard,

Not come across it, but because of the era would not expect the Telecine results to be anything like the results one can obtain by DIY methods using old projectors with new cameras and the aid of computers.
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

John Davis
Master Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2008 11:22 AM      Profile for John Davis   Email John Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Edouard,
now I've seen it all. It looks for all the world like a decapitated editor! I'm guessing this is not how this machine came out of the goko factory, the back looks badly finished compared to the front,
regards
John

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2008 01:22 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hadn't looked at the back photo, and I don't read German, so had not realised that this is exactly what it looks.... an editor without a viewing screen. Instead it has a supplementary lens on a viewing port in the rear where you add your own video camera. At the time I suspect it was made Video Cameras would have been Vidicon tubed so reatively insensitive and of poor resolution and dynamic range. A modern CCD camera would give better results, but what provision there is to avoid flicker is a question that springs to mind.

Anyway, 250 euro is a lot to pay for what is basically an Editor with no pick up device!

Babel Fish translation:- "Overacting equipment of super 8mm film on video The inserted film is led by means of optics and 16 segment disk on a video camera. With the help of the video camera the film is then stored by means of video exit on a PC, or on the Camcorder. The equipment is used however functional. The rotary segment disk is damaged at some segments. Thus it can occur that with a too largely selected screen window slight disturbances to arise. This goes around one in that the screen window is smaller selected. The picture speed as well as the picture brightness can be regulated stepless. The equipment is suitable also very well as Filmbetrachter with Standbild.Der film transport effected by means of engine or can be operated also by crank handle."

Now a probable translation into English (my interpretation of the above):- "Equipment for converting Super 8 to Video. The subject film is transferred via suitable optics and a sixteen face prism to a video camera port.
The added video camera can either store the picture itself or, via its' Video output, on a computor. The equipment works OK, but some of the prism faces are damaged which will give picture faults at some times if the picture area selected is too large. These can be avoided by setting the camera to cover less than the full picture area. The film speed and light intensity are both fully variable.The equipment can also be used as a ????????.
Transport of the film is by either motor drive or hand cranking."

Definitely too much to pay!

Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Edouard Dubertret
Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2008 01:47 PM      Profile for Edouard Dubertret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Martin,
I think too and I don't want to pay so much money for an editor! I'm just curious because I've never seen it before... and this one look very strange.
I think as you it's just to transfert the film on a camera.
Is it a good method to transfert film...? I don't think so.
But I'm always curious [Big Grin]
Edouard

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC