8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Hello from Ireland.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello from Ireland.
Colin Browne
Junior

- posted September 29, 2008 03:05 PM      Profile for Colin Browne   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Browne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I have been reading this great forum for some time but just joined. I have a video production company in Ireland and have had a long interest in film. I have recently got into 8mm and am trying to build up a collection. I am tinkering with some ideas for a project using 8mm footage. Can people recommend a standard 8mm sound projector with variable speed for transfer?,
Many Thanks,
Colin Browne
P.S I need to get a super8 scobby doo with sound for my daughter if anybody has one to sell

--------------------
Colin Browne
www.irishvideo.ie

|  IP: Logged

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2008 03:07 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the Forum Colin.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 29, 2008 03:10 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome welcome to You bet your life! Say the secret woid and collect fifty dollars! It's a common woild used around the house ...

Awww! Aw, there I go going all Groucho on you!

Welcome Colin, a fine Irish name, from another fine Irishmen, by name of Kevin, (OSI Osgood).

Say hello to Father Ted for me, and share some Drink with father Jack while your at it!

I'm looking for a Scooby Doo as well!

I believe that those Eumig standard 8mm/Super 8mm were some of the best for just the very use you are speaking of!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted September 29, 2008 03:18 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Colin,

Failte romhat, a chara.

I'm from Cork myself, now live in the UK.

-Mike

Colin Browne
Junior

- posted September 29, 2008 03:29 PM      Profile for Colin Browne   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Browne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funnily enough father jack(Frank kelly) is my best mates uncle, I don't think he's too fond of him!.
Hi Micheal,
what part of Cork?, spent a lot of time there, went out with a girl from Blarney, great part of the country.
Anybody recommend a model for standard 8mm sound, most Eumigs I've seen seem to be silent,
Colin

--------------------
Colin Browne
www.irishvideo.ie

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted September 30, 2008 05:37 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm from Cobh, Colin.

Can't help you with the Standard 8 quest - I collect 16mm. There should be plenty of people on here who will rush to your assistance, though!!!

-Mike

peter booth
Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2008 06:12 AM      Profile for peter booth   Email peter booth       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Colin,
Welcome to the forum Colin,hope the Bell & Howell reaches you in good order.I seem to remember that there was an Eumig Mark S Standard 8mm sound projector,but I am sure that I will be corrected if I'm wrong.Another forum member Graham Pannell may be able to help more than I can,best wishes,Peter.

Colin Browne
Junior

- posted September 30, 2008 06:35 AM      Profile for Colin Browne   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Browne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Peter,
thanks, am in France just now, looking forward to trying it out when I get home,
Regards,
Colin

--------------------
Colin Browne
www.irishvideo.ie

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 30, 2008 03:12 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Colin

I have a Eumig Mark S-709 which has variable speed and will project sound on Standard 8 and Super 8.

I suggest you look out for one.

--------------------
Maurice

Colin Browne
Junior

- posted September 30, 2008 04:26 PM      Profile for Colin Browne   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Browne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maurice,
I have a couple of Super8, my understanding is that a standard 8 is better than a dual guage, can people confirm that this is the case?
Thanks,
Colin

--------------------
Colin Browne
www.irishvideo.ie

Frank Picaro
Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2008 04:51 PM      Profile for Frank Picaro   Email Frank Picaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Colin, to the forum. You will find that there are Many great members, who won't ever give bad advice.
And Osi, just how many names do you have????? [Smile]

--------------------
Seems? I know not seems!!

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 30, 2008 05:12 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Colin Classic Home Cinema apprently have or had a minty, really nice order Eumig 824, held to be one of the better dual gauge machines I think. Sounds like a good long term option machine if you really are getting keen.

I don`t think its cheap but sounds very nice indeed and you can bargain, buying one privately can be a bit so so on the Eumigs to say the least.

just put in ClassicHomeCinema in google and get the moonfruit web address and the phone number etc and films is on there.
They may have Scooby Doo as well ?? as have a lot of films.
Good luck whatever you do.

Best Mark.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC