8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » H alloween Film Show

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: H alloween Film Show
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 29, 2008 03:48 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well its almost time for that Halloween film show again. This is the program I am going to be having this year:

Pathe Pictorial
Blotto - Laurel and Hardy
Movie Trivia game
Night on Bald Mountain (from Fantasia)
House on Haunted Hill - Trailer
Feature: The Fall of the House of Usher - Vincent Price classic

I have decorated the movie room with bats, spiders, and orange and purple mini lights. Looks pretty cool! [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 29, 2008 04:34 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gad! It's already Halloween?

I think it's got to be Poltergeist and A Christmas Carol on the very night, a great way to usher in the next awesome season!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2008 05:09 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi. Ironically enough, that's exactly what I have planned - Spooky! It has to be the Alistair Sim Christmas Carol of course. [Eek!]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted September 30, 2008 05:39 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A 16mm Karloff double bill:

"THE MAN THEY COULD NOT HANG"

"THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN"

-Mike

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 30, 2008 06:40 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chiller Theatre TV (1963) Opening
Have You Got Any Castles? - WB Cartoon
Bela Lugosi Interview, Horror Trailers
L-H Murder Case
Spooks (Stooges)
Special Requests

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2008 09:07 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be doing a day before Halloween show at the local Library...with some horror trailers, Betty Boop's Halloween Party...and the feature will be The Mad Ghoul. We also have a movie trivia quiz with prizes and a display of horror movie memorabilia.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 30, 2008 09:42 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it weill be the Alistar Sims version ... which I've never even seen! I just bought it from Frank Picaro. I've seen the George C Scott version and I love that!

Thanks for reminding me about my cartoon in my program Joe! I'd forgotten about "Spooks" (Flip the Frog!).

It will REALLY be spooky if you say that you have that film as well Keith!!

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2008 11:56 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Deja vu Osi. Yes, I have both of those films. The Alistair Sim Christmas Carol was purchased about two months ago, after a long search for a good print. I also like the Albert Finney "Scrooge" musical version, but sadley not available on Super 8 - or is it?

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2008 03:39 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a 200ft 'Scope extract from Derann Keith.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2008 06:23 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't know about that one John. Haven't seen it on their lists. What musical number is it? I'm guessing at "Thank you very much".

--------------------

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2008 07:52 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr Ashfield

Halloween = Scary monsters & creepy tales with things that go bump in the night!

Christmas = Happiness, peace, friendship & Santa Claus

I very much doubt that Charles Dickens was thinking about trick or treat when he wrote A Christmas Carol way back in 1843. The giveaway is in his introduction. [Big Grin]

I have endeavored in this Ghostly little book, to raise the Ghost of an Idea, which shall not put my readers out of humor with themselves, with each other, with the season, or with me. May it haunt their houses pleasantly, and no one wish to lay it.

Their faithful Friend and Servant,
C. D.

Just because the film has four ghost in it does not mean that it is a Halloween classic. A Christmas Carol is one of my all time favorite Christmas films to screen on super 8 along with It's a wonderful life.

Now I wonder how the Texas Chainsaw Massacre will go down this Christmas night as the family film choice [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

See you at the BFCC in a couple of weeks time [Wink]

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2008 08:25 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The very best stuff to run, especially for "passing through" type of crowds, are 200 foot items, such as the great Universal classics from Castle/U-8. Some top choices are "A&C meet Frankenstien", "Frankenstien", and "The Deadly Mantis".

Back in the 70's, my buddy and I would take the good Ken 200 foot silents, like "The Blob", "Monster That Challenged The World", and "The Spider", and play creepy music & sound effects with it. It was primative, even for back then, but people loved it. It would probably be considered "RETRO-COOL" today. Especially since, people are always looking for something different and interesting.

Oh, some other good ones are "Hide and Shriek" (Little Rascals), "The Live Ghost" (Laural and Hardy), and "The Mad Doctor" (B/W Disney).

James.

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2008 08:47 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith......... See, James has the right idea. MONSTERS & SPOOKS [Razz]

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2008 09:15 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr Hamilton.
The idea is to create a "transition" from one celebratory period to another - "Poltergiest" (nasty spooky things) "Christmas Carol" (not so nasty spooky things). [Razz]

I have planned for the Christmas show - "It's A Wonderful Life" and "Easter Parade".
You can't beat looking forward to the future - see you at Ealing. [Smile]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 01, 2008 09:55 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You got it Keith, It's all about transition!

Paul, is that "Fall of the House of Usher" in scope. I would love that feature, coolsville! It was one of the best low budget horror endeavors I've seen! (personal opinion)

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC