8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Belts for Elmo ST1200HD?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Belts for Elmo ST1200HD?
Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2008 06:25 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone suggest a source of new belts (the two main drive belts and the take-up belt) for the Elmo ST1200 HD?

Have replaced these a couple of times over the years but can't remember where I sourced them or if they would still be available.

Going to try and treat the Elmo to a service (including fitting Tom Photiou's new rubber drives [Smile] ) as it seems to be running a little tired.

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 27, 2008 07:08 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Rob,
I'll be looking out for your feedback on that if i could [Wink]

Regrefully the company i use to get my belts from,(genuine Elmo) have told me that Elmo only have a couple of sets left and they want a staggering £29 each for them. Cant understand it myself so at this moment in time it looks like those universal jobbies.
I do have two sets left myself but will have to hold onto them, i will be passing a set onto the engineers who made my rollers to see what they'll charge to have around 50 or more sets knocked up but this is some time away. [Frown] [Wink]

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2008 07:18 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, is that £29 per belt or a set?

If per belt then, well...wow [Eek!] !

The Elmo has decided that the sound wants to wow on everything I show so, having stripped it down and cleaned it all once already to no avail I was going to change all the belts.

Will let you know how I get on with the new rubber drive discs [Smile]

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 27, 2008 07:32 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob

Eddie Smyth of ES Photographics might be able to help you. You can find his "Buy It Now" Ads on an eBay search inputting "Projector Belts."

The site will have his email address and his 'phone number.

--------------------
Maurice

Chip Carpenter
Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2008 08:52 AM      Profile for Chip Carpenter   Email Chip Carpenter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just ordered a set on ebay from isellprojectorbelts - he has a large ebay store with belts for many projectors. I don't have them yet, so I can't comment on the quality - the price was $26.67 for a 4 belt set.

Chip

--------------------
Elmo ST-1200HD M with the Elmo 1.1 Lens and a Chinon 2500GL

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2008 12:07 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob, I bought some a short while back from Phil Sheard of CHC. I think they were £15 for the set of 3

Graham S

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 27, 2008 02:50 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob, that is correct, £29 per belt, you can certainly get belts that will do the job but obviously Elmo are no longer interested in serving the cine projector market anymore. This is there way out i guess. To put it in perspective they were around £3-£5 per belt just a year ago.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2008 04:59 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought a set of belts for one of my ELMOs from Paul Foster a few years ago and was very pleased with them. I'm not sure, but I assumed they were genuine ELMO belts. I've since bought a few sets from Mark (Isellprojectorbelts) on eBay (and off), and they seem like the same (square) belts...and just as good. I just wish folks selling ELMO projectors on eBay would state the condition of the rubber drive wheels in their item descriptions....wouldn't that be nice! [Smile] In the last ST I bought the 24fps rubber wheel was worn down to the metal...literally! Thanks to Tom's replacement wheel it's now running smoothe! [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 28, 2008 08:22 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good new Joe,
I am contemplating trying to get sets of belts made up but this project wont be until Feb-March next year.
To be honest in sure some of the E Bay sellers are either un-aware of the condition internally or are selling them because they know there on the way out. If i was to spend £250-£400 i'd prefer to stick to one of the Super 8 dealers, at least they would know and they tend to be serviced proior to selling. [Wink]

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2008 09:42 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks all!

Graham, yes, rang Phil at Classic and he has sets on order which should be in soon. Apparently not Elmo original but manufactured to order and as good as the real thing and at sensible prices [Smile] .

Maurice, thanks for that link; ES Photographic looks interesting and I will certainly bear them in mind for the future.

Tom, when I get the belts I'm stripping down the machine and hopefully fitting the new rubber discs too [Smile]

That should bring my ST back up to speed (quite literally!)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC