8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » A new way to buy on E-bay?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A new way to buy on E-bay?
James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2008 06:42 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi.

I just recently received a $25 dollar "gift card" for E-bay. I didn't even know these cards existed, but, since then, I've been seeing them everywhere (Wallmart, Target, etc.).

It seems that this would be a good alternative way to make purchases from E-bay for those who don't have or want a Paypal account.

Has anyone here made an E-bay purchase with a gift card yet?

James.

|  IP: Logged

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 02, 2008 03:01 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, thats interesting.

Do we have these in the UK, does anybody know?

-Mike

Chip Carpenter
Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2008 09:57 AM      Profile for Chip Carpenter   Email Chip Carpenter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't used a gift card, but I have used a coupon - I assume that it would work the same way - you enter the number in on the ebay website and it adjusts the total due - so it seems logical that you could use them to pay the total balance . . .

More information is available at http://giftcard.ebay.com/

They also have list of places you can buy them. You can get them in $25 and $50 increments. Also, they have gift certificates available from $25-$500, but those require a paypal account to purchase. I didn't see of the retailers that looked like they were in the UK.

Chip

--------------------
Elmo ST-1200HD M with the Elmo 1.1 Lens and a Chinon 2500GL

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC