8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo SC-18

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo SC-18
Jon R Light
Junior

- posted November 10, 2008 11:02 PM      Profile for Jon R Light   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

Does anyone know where to obtain the exciter lamp for this model of Elmo sound projector or know of a substitute for it ?

I am currently talking to a lamp provider, but it is just a guess that we are on the right track ...

Tnxs,

Jon

--------------------
Jon R Light

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 11, 2008 10:37 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jon,

Most 8mm Elmos used only two types of exciter lamps, BRS or BAK. Sorry, but I'm not sure which is used in the SC-18.
They are both inexpensively available at this eBay store..

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Jon R Light
Junior

- posted November 11, 2008 12:25 PM      Profile for Jon R Light   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Doug,

Thank your for the quick reply - I had a look at both these bulbs but alas, they are not the same ...Actually the bulb looks closer to the BRL bulb, but from what I can see in the pic on eBay, mine is a little more 'stubby' ... it is about the same height (the main bulb portion - plus the base section) as it is wide and from what I can determine from a sticker in the projector is 4volt .75watt ... You can view the pics of this bulb here http://www.bioscomputers.ca/Elmo.htm The measurements are in m.m

Thnxs, Jon

--------------------
Jon R Light

Jon R Light
Junior

- posted November 17, 2008 02:44 PM      Profile for Jon R Light   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone,

Well it appears that we have found the right bulb although I have not received or tried it yet but the specs & physical attributes look right on... I just wanted to post so if anyone else is looking this will save them a TON of time ... the bulb is made by Ushio, Part # jc4v-3w/g4, c-6, 800 hours SKU #1000854 .. you can view it at this link .. http://bulbster.com/lightbulbs/jc4v3wg4-c6-800-hours-p-4211.html

All the Best,

Jon Light, Bios Computers

--------------------
Jon R Light

Jon R Light
Junior

- posted December 21, 2008 10:42 PM      Profile for Jon R Light   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm,

The post for the excitor lamp appears to have been premature, as the bulb we found is no longer made by Ushio, which sucks. So the hunt goes on.

--------------------
Jon R Light

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC