8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Changing belts on Elmo ST-1200HD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Changing belts on Elmo ST-1200HD
Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2008 05:41 PM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need to change the belts on an ST-1200 HD and it seems to be a bit more tricky than on a standard ST-1200. The 2 motor belts were easy enough, but I'm strugling to replace the large one that drives the reel arms. I seem to have to remove a couple of cog wheels in order to fit the new belt. Any ideas about this? I can supply a photo if that helps explaining.

The other thing is that with my standard 1200, the mechanism starts moving already when you turn the knob in the first position. With this machine, the motor starts when in first position, but nothing else happens yet (the rubber wheels are
not yet pushed against the shutter wheel). Is that normal for the HD?

Any help is appreciated!

- Rob

|  IP: Logged

Mike Tynus
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2008 06:40 PM      Profile for Mike Tynus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, you have to remove the cog wheels that the belt attaches to. It is a bit tricky and messy, but it can be done with standard screwdrivers.

Regarding the HD operation, yes it is normal for just the fan motor to be operating in the first position. This way you can view a still frame with the lamp on.

Chip Carpenter
Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2008 09:29 AM      Profile for Chip Carpenter   Email Chip Carpenter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike -

I ran into the same question - in my case, I needed an allen wrench to remove the retaining screw, but it was straight forward, just remover the rear outer cog and the metal guard and you should be able to drop the belt in.

Chip

--------------------
Elmo ST-1200HD M with the Elmo 1.1 Lens and a Chinon 2500GL

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2008 04:21 PM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thnaks for the replies guys! I had tried to remove the rear outer cog, but even after removing the 2 litle screws (with the allen wrench) that seem to hold the cog, there is still no movementin the cog whatsoever. Am I overlooking something?

Cheers,

- Rob

Chip Carpenter
Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2008 06:44 PM      Profile for Chip Carpenter   Email Chip Carpenter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on business travel, so I'm saying this from memory, but the only thing I remember having to do is remove the allen screws, and move the flexible sheet metal guard out of the way. I get home on Friday and can check then if someone else doesn't answer . . .

Chip

--------------------
Elmo ST-1200HD M with the Elmo 1.1 Lens and a Chinon 2500GL

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC