8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » lens question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lens question
Jeff Chaney
Junior

- posted December 06, 2008 02:39 AM      Profile for Jeff Chaney   Email Jeff Chaney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was recently checking out a piece on home theatres on a different site, and all of them had these giant gold colored lenses with all sorts of adapters being used on their super 8 projectors. Does anyone here use these and what sort of lenses are they?

|  IP: Logged

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2008 10:54 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff,

Sounds like someone got ambitious and used 35mm projector cinemascope lenses on their 8mms. The gold ones most likely are Schneiders or Iscos, and they are of course quite big by comparison to the smaller format lenses.
Now as to whether you could adapt a prime 35mm projector lens down to where it could fit into the barrel of an 8mm projector and actually replace the lens, I don't know if that could even be done. It would definitely need quite a mount to take the weight.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC