8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig 824

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig 824
Brian Collins
Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2009 02:20 PM      Profile for Brian Collins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guess what! I'm in trouble again, having run this machine all seemed fine but when I put Super 8 through it it just cobbled up and would not form the lower loop it tried to go straight down through the channel, I have noticed the standard 8 film guide has a short lip on it to guide the film around to form the loop but the super 8 has not, is this common or has a piece been broken off, funny enough my other machine an S810 is the same but I have no problem with that. Any advice please

|  IP: Logged

Eric Baucher
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2009 11:58 PM      Profile for Eric Baucher   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Baucher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the lip on the bottom of the reg * gate is there because of the greter length between the sound and the picture on Reg 8 sound film. the lip is missing off of the super 8 gate because the sound is only 18 frames away from the pic on standard * it is 56 frames. sometimes the super 8 gate doesnt sit in EXACTLY the right spot. you may have to take out the super 8 gate and re seat it before its right. its possible that someone forgot to turn the inching knob to the 12: 00 position before attempting to change the gates. neglecting to do that will bend the pulldown claw and permanently ruin the projector. I have two eumigs, one set for reg 8 the other for super eight its easier to switch the projectors sometimes than fiddle with the gates.

Brian Collins
Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2009 02:17 AM      Profile for Brian Collins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Eric, I find that the both gates on this do not sit very well and having tried the standard gate all seems to be OK but I have found one problem and that is the top sprocket just revolves freely and is not connected to the drive wheels inside,do these break? could this be the problem why the super is cobbling up at the bottom of the gate where it enters the channel.

Brian Collins
Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2009 05:44 AM      Profile for Brian Collins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have solved my problems on my 824, I found the plastic drum had split that holds the top sprocket where the allen screw is and I stuck it with super glue and turned a very thin brass sleeve to fit over it for support so that it cannot happen again and thats fine  -
the cobbling was still a problem but on investigating it I found that the "sound box" (dont know what its called as I have no manual) has a brass tag on the rear that opens to allow the film to lace up through the channel and this was not opening fully, a slight adjustment on the tag has cured that problem. Can anyone tell me what the 2 buttons control that is on the counter, one is Red with 'S' on it and the other Black with three '000'.

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2009 06:33 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian,
A good repair! (I called it a "cobble", as in "cobbled up", then realised your use of the word was to describe your other problem!).
Obviously you don't have a manual for this machine.
Those buttons are part of the mechanical "frame counting" recording provisions which give it the name "Sonomatic". Try searching for a Operators Manual download on the Web; if you are still in trouble, email me .... and I'll scan the relevant pages (It might be a day or two before I locate my Manual)
Martin

[ January 11, 2009, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Martin Jones ]

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Josef Grassmann
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2009 12:50 PM      Profile for Josef Grassmann   Author's Homepage   Email Josef Grassmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
User manual - in German, only - is avaiable for free download (8 MB)under
www dot super8projektor dot de
Under "Downloads Projektoren" EUMIG you will find user manuals.
Eumig 824 is the last one added, so go down to bottom.

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2009 01:55 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have found Manual; offer still stands

Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC