8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The "Cine Nuts" - France's largest cine fair

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The "Cine Nuts" - France's largest cine fair
Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 21, 2009 05:31 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, here's everything you need to know if you want to get to the convention, now in its 22nd year.

LES CINGLÉS DU CINÉMA
Where?
Salle Jean Vilar
Boulevard Héloïse - Argenteuil
24, 25, 26 sept 2010
Hours:
Friday - 10 am til 7 pm
Saturday - 9 am til 7 pm
Sunda - 9 am til 6 pm

Free admission on both Saturday and Sunday.
Admission fee (roughly 15 euros) on Friday (merchants day). Tickets can be purchased when you arrive at the convention.

How to get there?
From anywhere in Paris, you want to take the Metro to "Saint-Lazare" railway station (circled in red on the following metro map).
If you come with the Eurostar (which arrives at "Gare du Nord") and stay in this area, there are buses that will take you to Saint-Lazare (20 minutes ride).
At the station, buy a ticket to "ARGENTEUIL". You want to take a train that goes to "ARGENTEUIL" or "CORMEILLES EN PARISIS" (end of the line). Depending on the day and hour, trains leave every 10 to 30 minutes. It's a 16 minutes trip.
Get off the train at "ARGENTEUIL".
Do not get off at "Val d'argenteuil" as you would end up in the middle of nowhere

Alternate route is to take "RER" (local express train), line "C3" (circled in green on the map), if you're staying in the centre of Paris (Saint-Michel area). But this might take longer.

Metro Map:
 -

When you arrive in Argenteuil (train station cicled in red, RER station circled in green), it's a 20 minutes walk to "Salle Jean Vilar" (marked in purple). There might be buses but I'm not sure about these...

Map of Argenteuil:
 -

And here's an approximate floorplan of the convention (and where to find me...) Slight change : The "main door" is now the exit, so admission is through the 2nd door.
 -
There's another screening room on the upper level (not shown on plan) but don't expect anything as spectacular as the BFCC's large screen...

Pictures of previous conventions can be found here and here .

[ September 22, 2010, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 26, 2009 05:12 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, well, well, the show is over and I'm happy to report that this year was really good, probably one of my best (I've been doing this for 12 years).
A lot of films were sold at my table and a carefully "re-rubbered" ST1200HD went to a good home in Belgium (merci Jean-Christophe). My two partners and I now share a 30ft table (we occupy the entire back wall) and we also offer vintage posters, photos, books, CDs, merchandise, toys...
I came back with a bunch of films (in super 8, 16 and 35) and a pristine Elmo XP550 projector (and spare lamp).

Here are a few pics:

This is a view of Hall#1 (see plan above), taken from the stage
 -

Hall#1, again, but picture taken from the other end of the stage. The projected image at the center comes from the XP550 that now resides in my projection booth.
 -

Ha, here's an interesting vintage machine, a 9.5 projector with 'synchronized' sound on phono. The seller was unable to tell me more about it. And I'm still running from the price he quoted for the CX550 in the back.
 -

More vintage equipment, including magic lanterns and Bauer stereo projectors (yes, they are vintage, after all...)
 -

Impressive (I think it's an RCA) projector with a magnificent valve amp, booth equipment in the back (left hand side load 16mm Hortson, Spectra 35...)
 -

The center of the stage had been transformed into a telecine area. One reel, whatever the format, could be digitized for a modest fee.
 -

Finally, the super8/16 end of my table...
 -

Roll on 2010!

--------------------

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2009 08:15 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jean-Marc,

What an impressive convention! Yes, you are right, it IS an RCA projector, and I absolutely LOVE it.

I have seen them advertised on eBay from time to time, and have always been tempted. In my youth, I worked for RCA here in the UK in their commercial tape recorder division at Sunbury-on-Thames, but they have long since disappeared from there. They made tape machines for use by the BBC, ITV and other such prestigeous companies. I was always impressed by the fine workmanship that went into those machines.

I may well aspire to one of their projectors one day.

Thanks for sharing the convention with us.

Best regards,

[ January 26, 2009, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: David Pannell ]

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2009 09:17 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Jean-Marc some great pictures!!! Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted January 26, 2009 09:23 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,
Yes RCA was once an iconic American company - they invented RCA Photosound for film, colour television, and many other electronic devices, and as you say, they made great movie projectors. Now the once proud RCA name is just a prestige logo for Chinese electronic imports. How the hell did we let this happen to not only RCA, but Sylvania, Zenith , Magnavox and Westinghouse as well! We have literally given away the farm to the Chinese. [Mad]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 26, 2009 09:44 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember the Zenith plant in Reynosa, Mexico. At the time there were no more TVs being produced in the USA because of labor costs. Even that plant is gone and production moved to China.

......I guess $1.25 an hour is just way over budget these days.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2009 01:10 PM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul and Steve,

Don't say that the US is going the same way as the UK [Frown]
Our manufacturing industries have been on the wane for decades, and compared with the '60s, 70's and even the '80s, we are becoming more of a service nation, some say we are even becomming a museum, - but I don't subscribe to that theory, at least, not yet. We still do make some things!

Anyway, before this thread becomes a political issue, the only museum I'm interested in is my projector collection.

So I say again, if anyone knows or comes across a good 16mm RCA projector, please let me know.

Cheers,

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted January 26, 2009 02:12 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a fantastic convention Jean-Marc. Theres a lot of film there.

-Mike

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2009 05:20 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent photos Jean-Marc. I assuse that most of the films are in French language, but what is the ratio of french/english prints. Do the english films sell any cheaper than the french ones.

Graham S

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 27, 2009 01:31 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, foreign language prints don't sell has much as French-dubbed ones. I can sometimes get a good deal on prints in english. But, on the other hand, as a dealer, I have sometimes diffculties selling prints which are in english, even rare titles.

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 22, 2010 01:25 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 2010 edition of the Cine Nuts will happen this coming weekend, Sept 24, 25 and 26.

--------------------

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2010 01:53 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And I'll be there!

Jean-Marc, pourrais-tu prendre ton projecteur super 8 Bauer optique?
Cela pourrait m'intéresser.

Amicalement,

JC.

Jorge Rondao
Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2010 07:54 PM      Profile for Jorge Rondao   Author's Homepage   Email Jorge Rondao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May God, It seems like the cave of Ali Baba, for here we have nothing of it [Frown]

--------------------
Lets show another movie

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 23, 2010 01:22 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
JC: OK, je le prends.

--------------------

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2010 06:41 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
.......the Greek group had some thoughts of turning up-but didn't materialise,at least not for now;hopefully next year........ dommage...... [Frown]

--------------------
Yannis

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 29, 2010 02:23 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The fair seems to be maintained on the last weekend of september for 2011.

I'm sorting through my stuff and will upload a few pics later. In the meantime, here are a couple of panoramic shot taken with my cell phone.

-

-

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 21, 2011 05:15 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 2011 edition will open this coming Friday (sept 23) for three full days of madness.

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 06, 2014 09:05 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot wait to be there in September !

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC