8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » A1/232 EFR - Which machines use them?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A1/232 EFR - Which machines use them?
Bart Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2009 02:34 AM      Profile for Bart Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Bart Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Other than the Elmo ST1200 series and the Sankyo Stereo 800, what other machines use these lamps? I seem to recall that there is a Sankyo made machine badged Bell & Howell (or was it a Chinon?), is this correct?

I often make use of www.donsbulbs.com for lamp reference, but the entry for these lamps seems to be full of errors, as it says for example that the GS800 and ST600 use them. IIRC they actually use the A1/231 EFP.

Does anyone know of a more reliable and accurate reference source for small-gauge projectors?

Bart

--------------------
www.bluecinetech.co.uk

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 28, 2009 02:59 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 15v 150w EFR bulb is also used on the Elmo SC30 HiVision and the Beaulieu 708.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Bart Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2009 04:03 AM      Profile for Bart Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Bart Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

What about the Chinon SS-1200, is that the machine I was thinking of?

Was there a B&H version of the Sankyo 800 or is this just something I'm imagining?

Bart

--------------------
www.bluecinetech.co.uk

Mark Howard
Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2009 05:37 AM      Profile for Mark Howard   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Howard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bart, you're absolutely correct, the Sankyo-made B&H DCT uses this lamp.

Bart Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2009 05:48 AM      Profile for Bart Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Bart Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be great to have a reliable reference site, as there is lots of misinformation out there probably all copied-and-pasted from the same source. The www.Super8wiki.com would seem ideal as it can be edited by any user, but few people seem to add info on projectors there.

Off the top of my head there are also:

Bauer T610 (maybe others in that series?)
Eumig S930-40 series, can anyone confirm?

[ January 28, 2009, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: Bart Smith ]

--------------------
www.bluecinetech.co.uk

Colin Edwards
Junior

- posted January 28, 2009 08:25 AM      Profile for Colin Edwards     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bart
Chinon SS1200
Chinon 7500
Yelco 810
Eumig 940

Bart Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2009 08:42 AM      Profile for Bart Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Bart Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about the Eumig 938?

--------------------
www.bluecinetech.co.uk

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2009 08:44 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Bart

You can add the following to the list:

Braun Visacustic 1000
Braun Visacustic 2000
Yelco 3600

Kevin

Mike Tynus
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2009 09:12 AM      Profile for Mike Tynus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bart, yes to the Eumig 938.

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2009 09:27 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kev,

How pleasant to see you on the Forum again. I know you don't often post these days, - what with your home cinema project etc!! - but I hope things are easier now. Is it finished yet? I must pop over sometime to have a look - don't forget to put the coffee on! [Big Grin]

Be in touch later,

Best,

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC