8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Differences in Lens-Fittings on the Elmo-Projectors ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Differences in Lens-Fittings on the Elmo-Projectors ?
Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2009 01:32 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
I have an old ST-1200. He has an 1.1-Zoom Lens. Now I want to take it to the ST-1200 HD, but it doesn't fit. Do I make something wrong or are there differences in the fittings ?
Regards,
Michael

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 30, 2009 04:15 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now,that's a mystery. It *should* fit. Check the lens holder and the lens barrel. I suppose there's an old F1.3 on the ST, compare it with the F1.1 (length, diameter).
If the F1 was coming from an SC30, it wouldn't fit, but here...
I also have an old ST1200 (with turquoise cover) and never had any problem exchanging lenses, even with my recent GS1200 Xenon.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2009 06:49 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had a problem like this. The lens holder was slightly miscast and had a bit of excess which needed to be filed off carefully with a metal file. Look at the channel on the holder where the lens stud slides in.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC