8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Which is the best of these 4 projectors

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Which is the best of these 4 projectors
Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2009 11:17 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello i have a serious question,which of this
3 projectors is the best one and why,i must make
a choice.

Elmo ST-1200 HD M-O

Sankyo 800

Visacustic 1000/2000

Noris 342.

Thank you all [Smile]

[ February 05, 2009, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Jeroen van Ooijen ]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

|  IP: Logged

Lars Pettersson
Master Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2009 11:45 AM      Profile for Lars Pettersson   Email Lars Pettersson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jeroen,

Of these, I would go for the Elmo ST 1200. Itīs a little old designwise, compared to the GS:es, but built like a tank, spare parts and service is available, as well as outstanding lenses. The light output is nice and I think you can get stereo sound out of this one with a little ingenuity.

Other forum members praise the sankyo, but personally I have no experience with it. Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Lars

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2009 12:42 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Lars for this information.
Anyone else?

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2009 03:41 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had no experience with the Sankyo's...although I've seen a number of contributions on this forum over the years talking about problems people have had with them. I run elmo 1200HD's for super 8....they are , as someone else said here, build like a tank...are easy to repair....have very good light output..have alternate very fast lenses available....and yes...using the monitor line out outputs going into an outboard amp, can reproduce excellent stereo sound. I've got about 7 of them...I've owned two of them since they were new back in 1973...and they are both still running well.

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2009 05:48 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary,thanks for your meaning,i see that the elmo is
a very good projector,and it helps my with my decision.

Thanks,anyone else? [Wink]

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 06, 2009 12:57 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeroen, I too run in favor of the Elmo. I still have a back up ST1200 to my two GS1200s.

The Sankyo has good sound reproduction in stereo, the Visacustic 2000 features variable speed for potential retracking and the Noris has a steadier focus thanks to its springed gate mounted towards the lens.

Now it all depends on what you expect from your projector, but with a 150w lamp output, a possible stereo reproduction through the monitoring plugs, optical sound better than the GS1200, and 360m/1200ft spool capacity you really can't go wrong with the Elmo St1200HD MO.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2009 04:33 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Jean-Marc it is not so difficult for me now [Smile]

--------------------

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2009 03:13 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm one of the Sankyo advocates, but given the list above I too would go for the ST 1200 [Wink]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

John Edwards
Film Handler

- posted February 08, 2009 04:46 AM      Profile for John Edwards     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dont forget the beaulieu 708el twin track excellent lens good
light output 2200ft reel capacity spares available as good a work horse as any make of super8 projector.JE

--------------------
theatre is live film is art television is furniture.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 08, 2009 10:51 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I would say Elmo ST 1200 HD m/o. Very good machine. Ciao!

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC