8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » "Rare" titles in your collection? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: "Rare" titles in your collection?
Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2009 05:31 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would be interested to know what "rare" titles fellow collectors have in their collection? These titles are, of course, "rare" in the owners opinion.

I'll start the with my "rarities" (in my opinion).

BRANNIGAN - Feature
F/X - MURDER BY ILLUSION - Feature
ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD - Red Fox feature
BATTLE HELL (aka - THE YANGZTEE INCIDENT) - Feature
OCCURANCE AT OWL CREEK - TWILIGHT ZONE - 600ft.

[ February 06, 2009, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Keith Ashfield ]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 05, 2009 05:56 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith, I too have a print of "Occurence at Owl's Creek".

There's one title I have in the collection that I never saw again anywhere, it's the Spam/Hungarian phrase book episode from Monty Python Flying Circus. Any other member own this one?

I have a bunch of titles which are considered rare here as they were only sold in Germany (a lot of French comedies which I have redubbed...) but some other german titles are pretty common to the collectors world (Das Boot, Star Crash, Zombie, The Kids are Alright, Phantasm, Anthropophagous, Something Waits in the Dark, Bullet Train 109...)

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2009 07:16 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The bulk of my collection is vintage horror and sci fi films and two of my Super 8 titles I have never seen for sale on any lists in years. They are "Horror Express" 4X600ft reels colour and sound in the original crystal boxes and "The Night Caller" 4X400ft black and white sound from Walton Films also in its original boxes. This film from 1965 can be found on 1X400ft reel and as a feature in Standard 8 but it seems almost non existant as a Super 8 feature so I am really quite pleased to have it in my collection.

Paul.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2009 07:47 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
400ft of 'The Rose'. [Big Grin]

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 05, 2009 10:18 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Without a doubt, the rarest film in my collection is the 2400ft color feature ' The Magic Box' - the 1951 Festival of Britain film about the birth of the cinema in the UK, and starring just about every British film actor of the time.

-

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2009 10:49 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, there's not many of us here that actually went to the "Telekinema" at the Festival of Britain and were inspired by what we saw there. (And for those across the pond that have flown into Gatwick since then... the only thing at Gatwick in those days was a derelict racecourse and annual Air Show)
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 05, 2009 11:33 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I envy you Paul, I love "Horror Express",

MOst of my rarities are the optical super 8 features, such as Rocky 3 or Children of a Lesser God ...

But my favorites ae the rare cartoons, such as "Sunshine Makers" in color and sound, (and very good color at that!), and "Magoo Beats the Heat" in color and scope!, among others.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2009 04:14 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about six Marx Brothers features (HORSE FEATHERS,DUCK SOUP,A DAY AT THE RACES,AT THE CIRCUS,ROOM SERVICE,A NIGHT IN CASABLANCA) and three Harry Langdon silent features (TRAMP TRAMP TRAMP ,LONG PANTS,HIS FIRST FLAME) for starters ? All in super or standard 8. [Smile]

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2009 04:25 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Super 8 rarities in my collection are:

Geri's Game ((Pixar short)
The Magic Box 4 x 600ft feature (sorry Keith!)
The Belstone Fox 4 x 600ft 'scope feature
Jason & The Argonauts 4 x 600ft feature

Kevin

[ February 06, 2009, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Kevin Clark ]

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2009 04:37 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, here's my rare prints:

Disney's ROBIN HOOD (good Italian print)
Disney's SONG OF THE SOUTH (very good/excellent Italian print)
Disney's THE RESCUERS (excellent Italian print)
Disney's PETE'S DRAGON (not the best Italian Disney's)
Disney's BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS (good Italian print)
Disney's FANTASIA (very poor Italian print)

Spielberg's ET - The Extra-Terrestrial (American full-lenght print)
Romero's DAWN OF THE DEAD (good Italian print - European cut)
Argento's TENEBRAE (good italian print)

I'm anyway so happy with them, even if probably not so rare... [Big Grin]

[ February 14, 2009, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Gian Luca Mario Loncrini ]

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2009 06:36 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HAVE BADGE, WILL CHASE, with Abbott & Costello, from Castle Films.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2009 12:53 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess my Castle films short Border Law is pretty rare since someone on here said it was only released in 1942 and then deleted.

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2009 07:42 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of the titles that i think are rare are:
1. Horror Express - full length
2. Legend of the Werewolf - full length
3. The Longest Yard (Mean Machine) - full length
4. Carry on Screaming - full length
5. Enter the Dragon - 4x400ft

and I need to go through all the other featues just in case other gems appear

Dave Skillern

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2009 07:59 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't aware Horror Express was rare. It was released here by Red Fox. I have a print and a number of other collectors I know have a print. I do have a super 8 print of the Marx Brothers' Animal Crackers...it was printed by the man who invented the Extend a Reel...who within a year or so after printing it, died. He only put out a very few things...things that were his favorites. I don't believe there were more than two or three of the Animal Crackers prints made.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 06, 2009 02:03 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love to get "Duck Soup"!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2009 03:14 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently acquired Chaplin's "The Circus" sound feature in Super 8. I had no idea it existed until I had it in my hands.
Terry

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2009 04:02 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But, my super duper extra special ultra hard-to-find rarity is the 1919 Charlie Chaplin cartoon CHARLEY ON THE FARM by Pat Sullivan (Felix the Cat's creator)! ! ! [Smile] [Smile]

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 06, 2009 05:23 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
In my collection the rare titles are:

Carry on Screaming
Close Encounters
Alien
ET
Robin Hood (Red Fox)
Fra Diavolo (Red Fox)

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 06, 2009 05:45 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The rare titles in my collection are so rare that they don't even exist!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2009 06:44 PM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
in my colection my rare titles are

The Hunchback of the Rue Morgue (el jorobado de la morgue in spanish) paul naschy movie

exorcism ,paul naschy movie

Marshall of Hell (mariscal del infierno is the spanish title) paul naschy movie

Adelante Marta!(is a very very strange and rare film enterely filmed on sweden and german,the title in english is not on the imdb but means literally something like go ahead martha!)

burnt offerings a classic horror story about an enchanted house with karen black and a old bette davis

scanners

its alive

the ten comandments

the nigth visitor

captain horatio hornblower a classic with gregory peck and a wonderfull print
and last but not least..JAWS great print on ag s1 stock

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2009 06:45 PM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
in my colection my rare titles are

The Hunchback of the Rue Morgue (el jorobado de la morgue in spanish) paul naschy movie

exorcism ,paul naschy movie

Marshall of Hell (mariscal del infierno is the spanish title) paul naschy movie

Adelante Marta!(is a very very strange and rare film enterely filmed on sweden and german,the title in english is not on the imdb but means literally something like go ahead martha!)

burnt offerings a classic horror story about an enchanted house with karen black and a old bette davis

scanners

its alive

the ten comandments

the nigth visitor

captain horatio hornblower a classic with gregory peck and a wonderfull print
and last but not least..JAWS great print on ag s1 stock and SCOPE

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2009 07:47 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine would be
Helter Skelter- the story of the manson murders
Carrie- with sissy spacek

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2009 08:22 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, this Was great. I'm still laughing! [Big Grin]

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2009 08:39 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the Monty Python episode 'Spam' on super 8. I also have 'The Devil's Ball' on super 8.

Bill

[ May 23, 2016, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Bill Phelps ]

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2009 01:28 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the Forum Bill - Enjoy......... [Smile]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

All times are Central
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC