8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » My first public screening

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My first public screening
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 17, 2009 11:30 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

Perhaps this is always the hope of members here that the more people enjoying our 8mm films the happier we are.

I always feel that and always try to find a suitable time to bring out my projectors for public screening.

Finally, I got that chance when my church was celebrating the last easter by holding bible camp for sunday school kids.

When I found their night schedule was not so tight, I offered the committee for 8mm screening. the time allocation was only 1 hour, so I could only have 2 reels digest. And because this is a church program I of course had to carefully choose the films. I took "The Robe" (KEn Films, 400") which was so suitable for Easter and a disney extract.

Below are the photos:

The Tents and the Screen

-

Kids are so amazed with "the toys"

-

2 Elmo ST1200 HDs are on my show

-

The Show

-

Q & A of the movies after the show

-

And that's all folks

-

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 17, 2009 12:28 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent Winbert,

I've done programs for church youth groups and older groups too. I think 60 minutes is plenty and much more than that you are teetering on the edge of too much.

I was talking to my wife about the possibility of doing a feature length show someday and we reached the conclusion it would need an intermission.

I think this is a hobby badly done selfishly: it's always better if you share it with others.

I've had one or two adults that just have to ask me why I don't wheel out the DVD player and the flat panel monitor, but one or two shows on they finally get it.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2009 01:58 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad that Derann
does not offer the Disney Silly Symphony
cartoon, The Funny Little Bunnies.

The Funny Little Bunnies

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 18, 2009 04:22 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great stuff Winbert

Thats one of the joys of film projecting, putting on a show for others hope its one of many more to come.

Graham. [Smile]

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2009 01:05 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that Winburt!

I did a show for my Sunday school class (elementary age) a couple of years ago. It was "The Small One" (Disney/Derann, 600 foot). It went over very well. And yes, kids seem to really love the unique machinery involved in film projection.

James.

Lars Pettersson
Master Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2009 01:48 PM      Profile for Lars Pettersson   Email Lars Pettersson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good work, Winbert! [Smile]

Cheers
Lars

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2009 05:08 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like it was a great show Winbert.
I'll be holding my second annual outdoor screening this summer.
Last years was a big hit with Abbott and Costello in High Flyers (1X200) Walt Disney - The Rescue (1X200) and Star Wars (2X400).
The adults and kids had a great time.
Cheers
Terry

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2009 06:06 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, send me an invitation next time!
Great! [Big Grin]

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2009 01:22 AM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Outstanding Winbert

Film is dynamic and there is something about watching a film, on a screen, 'outside' under the stars - that transforms the evening into an 'event' - and you gave those kids a taste.

Keep up the good work.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 19, 2009 08:54 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your replies.

I can say that the other benefit of showing digest is to keep the mood of those young boys/girls. I cannot imagine if we did that with a DVD than we had to go with hours to finish one movie )especially for "The Robe").

Even for this screening kids were getting naughtier at the end of the show [Big Grin] , you know them! [Wink]

This is simply because most digests are straight to the topic without need to have a long introduction.

regards

--------------------
Winbert

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 20, 2009 11:50 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot to tell you that the Disney extract was "Test of Courage". This digest is quite "save" for all age.

I used to list "Watership Down" for the show but after private screening before the show..it's too bloody [Big Grin]

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC