8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Blackhawk OUR GANG / THE LITTLE RASCALS shorts on 8 mm. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Blackhawk OUR GANG / THE LITTLE RASCALS shorts on 8 mm.
Antonis Galanakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 29, 2009 01:39 PM      Profile for Antonis Galanakis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian Luca Mario Loncrini, Steve Klare

Thank you very much for you inf.
Yes the film I have is "Kid from Borneo" with "Uncle George" and the final translation "Spanky and his uncle" in the Greek production of the film. The Youtube links help me a lot.
Thank you all

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 29, 2009 02:01 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was a real pleasure, Antonis. Enjoy it.
GL

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 29, 2009 02:48 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian Luca,

Hello! I'm not sure about that shop......I go to Lincoln Center frequently, so I'll take a look around. On the weekends there are flea markets nearby where occasionally some super 8 items can be found.
Please keep in touch as the date of your visit gets closer. If you have any spare time, I'm sure there are a number of East Coast Forum members that would like to meet up.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 29, 2009 03:04 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Doug.
Consider I'm talking about a place where I've been 15 years ago. The very last time I came to New York City was in 2004, but I did not have so much time to dedicate to super 8.

I'm a little confused, now. Was this place close to the Lincoln Center or to Times Square? Cannot say... I remember it was a very colorful place, probably a gay friendly one, with a lot of TV series images everywhere ('Charlie's Angels' above all).

And 'Star Trak' toys and little models everywhere, stickers, records, tapes. It was a very weird and interesting place, so huge. I'm quite sure I was looking for a record I have found after so many years in Copenhagen!

Anyway, as I wrote in my last post I'm not sure if and when I come there. But thanks a lot for telling me about this 'hypothetical' meeting. It would be great to meet people personally that we just virtually know.

And about OUR GANG/LITTLE RASCALS: consider I still have my right hand! [Big Grin] Visiting those flea markets, think about me if you find some shorts I should miss in my collection (if you are not interested in, of course!). I don't mind a lot about price. I just would like to go on with it. When I started this post, yesterday, I was not supposed there were so many OUR GANG shorts existing on super 8.

-

Take care. A presto.
GL

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 29, 2009 04:30 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to remember a little memorabilia shop called "FROM SMALL THINGS..." on Columbus, not far from Lincoln Centre. This was in the early '90s.
Was this the place?
If so it's no longer there.
Do you remember this store, Doug?

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 29, 2009 04:47 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael. I can't remember the name. But I'm quite sure it was not a small one. Or maybe it was, and it was full of items. Well, consider I was stunned. I like places like this, full of memorabilia. Probably the walls were pink or red painted. But as I said, I was so excited because of all exposed objects and I did not pay so much attention to the shop itself.

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 29, 2009 04:53 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian Luca,

I believe you're describing Colony Records on 49th & Broadway. In addition to having tons of CDs, vinyl and sheet music, they have an amazing collection of memorabilia of TV shows from the 50's to the 90's. It's a great place that brings back lots of memories. Do a Google image search and maybe the photos will look familiar.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 29, 2009 05:06 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THAT'S IT!
Ops... Probably nothing to do with gay people (I apologize if the owner is married and has 12/15 children!). And to super 8! But I'm quite sure there were 8 mm projectors and movies exposed. Thanks for helping, Doug. And please, don't forget our GANG!

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 29, 2009 11:15 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad you won't be on the other side of the states, Gian. I'd invite you over to our house for a night of good food a theater, Super 8 style!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2009 05:39 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I could manage a coast-to-coast super 8 tour! Thanks a lot for your invitation anyway, Osi! Who knows??? Any OUR GANG short to screen in your monumental collection? In this case I could chance my destination! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 30, 2009 10:34 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably none that you don't already have. In fact, when it comes to Little rascals, I think I only have three sounds (Arbor day, Alafalfa playing football, a school related one) and a handful of silents.

--------------------

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2009 11:03 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian-

There is a print of "Fishy Tales" for sale right now at Phil's Vintage Collectables. Here's the link-

http://8mm16mmfilmscollectibles.com/laurelhardy.htm

I have ordered from him before (about once a year). He's very reliable and his prints are always in very good condition, unless otherwise noted. Call to reserve!

James.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2009 05:27 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi. I don't have ARBOR DAY in my collection......... [Wink]
And James, thanks a lot: I will order FISHY TALES immediately. I CANNOT BELIEVE! Let's hope Phil still has it. I'll let you know, guys. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 30, 2009 05:57 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, I think Gian might be in line for a film that they didn't have before! I'll send you an e-mail Gian!

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2009 06:08 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Order sorted.
I now hope FISHY TALES is still available. James and Osi, you made my day.
THANKS GUYS

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2009 03:14 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James,
FISHY TALES was still available at Phil's. Thanks a lot for your great help. I really appreciated it!

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2009 01:07 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just discovered these talkies too exist (or they should, at least) on super 8:

1 Small Talk 1929
2 Railroadin’ 1929
3 Lazy Days 1929
4 Boxing Gloves 1929

And I made a mistake in my last list: 'ELECTION DAY' is a silent one. So ('GENERAL SPANKY' excluded) the Hal Roach/MGM OUR GANG talkies are 82.

6 missing ones are actually reaching my collection.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[ May 03, 2009, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Gian Luca Mario Loncrini ]

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2009 02:05 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed as I mentioned:

quote:
I had every single one in Super 8.
The bulk was sold ten years ago
when I moved.

Good Luck in your search. Hunting is part of the fun.

If you come across the other shorts where they star in other
comedians films, pick them up because eventually you will
want them also.

I believe that I forgot to mention, that they are also in
Charley Chase's The Cracked Ice Man. Do not forget the promo for Speedo Bikes by Spanky is very short, and humorous. The Stolen Jools is a fun two reeler
with many stars of the '30's.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 03, 2009 02:13 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now, if I could have as much luck finding a decent color "Popeye Meets Ali Baba" as you are with your Little rascals films, I would be in heaven!

Hey Douglas M!!

(I know the answer .. "No no, a thousand times no!")

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2009 02:37 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, don't do that to me. Don't remind me you had (and sold) all them. [Frown]
I think it's pretty impossible to find that commercial. But I really thank you so much for all info.
I actually have the Blackhawk Neighborhood House with Charley Chase. Darla plays his young daughter.

Ah ah ah Osi. The difference is that you are looking for a single title you miss. But about 'Little Rascals' I do miss a lot! [Razz]

--------------------

Mike Tynus
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2009 03:17 PM      Profile for Mike Tynus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian,
RAILROADIN' is interesting in that the sound discs for that were lost, so Blackhawk issued a silent version with a John Muri organ score. Then in 1979 the discs were found, so Blackhawk issued it with the original soundtrack. So there are actually two Super 8 sound versions out there. It's a fascinating film to watch as it's quite visual for being such an early talkie in spite of the early quality of the sound.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2009 03:34 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike, I knew about it but it's nice to see how many people love this series! Unofrtunately I miss both versions. But I hope to find them soon. Thanks for posting!

--------------------

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2009 03:48 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The very first "talkie" Our Gang comedy was "Small Talk."

It was the only three reeler of the Our Gang comedies so if complete on Super 8 it would be 600'.

I have more than fifty of these shorts and really love them.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2009 03:54 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Guy. That's great, I did not think that there could be a Blackhawk catalogue somewhere confirming the complete existing list of OUR GANGs on super 8.

You have more than 50, so... you lucky! Hope to catch you up soon!

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2009 09:47 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speedo bike commercial, was from Steel Valley Films.

10 years is a long time ago.
I only mentioned that, with your enthusiasm it makes it fun to sell to
someone as yourself who would appreciate the titles.

Another one to look for is: Beauty and the Bus with Thelma Todd and Patsy Kelly.
Tommy Butch Bond has a great scene in the short. Blackhawk released some of the Todd/Pitts and Todd/Kelly shorts.

Since then, I built up the same titles in 16mm - not all but most of them.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC