8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Titles

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Titles
Brian James
Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2009 10:23 AM      Profile for Brian James     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,
there use to be somewhere in Devon (Exeter I think) where you
could get titles made to order on super 8. Does anyone know if
this is still going or anywhere else that provides this service?
Regards
Brian

|  IP: Logged

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2009 10:34 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The firm you are thinking of was

Seccombe Cine Services of Exeter , Devon

I think you will find that they closed many years ago. At least one of Derann's films "Rollercoaster Ride" was produced by them in "Glor-i-ous Kodachrome, Breathtaking Cinemascope, and Stere-e-o-o-phon-ic Sound". I have a copy.
Their Titles Service extended to all gauges; they had stock titles and would make to customer order; a unique service at the time. As they were around when I was a "tacker" (Devon for young child) I expect the advent of video and the major decline in cine filming finally caused retirement.

EDIT: I just researched my evocative take on the classic "Glorious Technicolour, Breatht....." phrase I used and was suprised to find that the film it came from was actually released in METROCOLOR !!!!

Martin

[ June 01, 2009, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Martin Jones ]

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Brian James
Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2009 11:39 AM      Profile for Brian James     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that Martin, I wondered if the firm was still going or not.
I've never heard the term tacker used even though I served with
the Janners.
Regards

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2009 02:08 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He was still operating a few years ago.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2009 04:13 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John , (and all interested parties)
Mr. Seccombe is alive and well and confirms that he closed his title service some years ago. Sensibly he has turned over to publishing, doing Guide books on most parts of Europe, under the the following .... www.sunflowerbooks.co.uk
So you can no longer buy Cine Titles.... but you can buy his books!

Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 03, 2009 05:41 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a film service in Canada that offers titling on Super-8 from computer files. I've never used them because I make my own, but the idea has always interested me.

http://www.blackandwhitefilmfactory.com/Kinescope%20Super%208%20transfer.htm

TITLES
Razor sharp Titles/ Subtitles/ Main Credits/ End Credits
Any language, any characters
Super 8 Black & White/ Negative/ Reversal

50' Stock increment.
This service will take approximately 1 week.
By default the background is black or white but it could be any picture or computer animation.
Give us your Text for each Card and Duration in frames or seconds.

All Titles are still. Scrolling, Fades, Dissolves or any other effects are possible. Extra charge applies.
You can send us your Layout in any format/ file (Windows or Macintosh) including plain text, html, jpeg, video tape, diskette or CD.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC