8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig Chemo Splicer Bonding Agent

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig Chemo Splicer Bonding Agent
Gary Bettison
Junior

- posted June 12, 2009 05:59 AM      Profile for Gary Bettison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone tell me where I can get some Eumig Chemo Splicer Bonding Agent? Alternatively, does anyone know its chemical composition?

|  IP: Logged

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2009 10:37 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always thought it is standard film cement.
I have a Eumig splicer of this sort with a really weird wasy to join film ends; it works but I woulnd't run the film in an Elmo for example: the splice is achieved not by overlapping film ends but by putting them one in front of the other, just like you'd do with a tape splicer. Because of the zig-zag trimming of film ends , the "surface" (or I should say the thicknesses ) are wider and this should guarantee a certain resistance. In fact the splice only lasts as long as its run is very gentle...

--------------------
Maurizio

Jonathan Sanders
Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2009 03:22 AM      Profile for Jonathan Sanders   Email Jonathan Sanders   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had trouble locating Chemo Splice Bonding Agent as far back as 1980! I remember ordering some from a well-known film accessories supplier and the bottle I received was ordinary cement with the words "CHEMO SPLICE" typed on a sticky label! It didn't work with the Chemo Splicer.

I soon replaced it with an Agfa splicer, partly because of the difficulty (impossibility?) of locating the Chemo Splicer Bonding Agent, but also the splices - though strong in my experience - were very visible on the screen. Every time a splice went through I'd see those zig-zags for a split second.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC