8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » sankyo 800 stereo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sankyo 800 stereo
John Edwards
Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2009 02:11 PM      Profile for John Edwards     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have just aquired a sankyo 800 which projects film fine the two problems i have are a loud hum when swiched on but cannot be
heard when projecting and a noisy claw is there anything i can do to eliminate these problems.is the claw on this projector single or double my beaulieu 708 twintrack is a two claw any advice i would be most grateful.john.

--------------------
theatre is live film is art television is furniture.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted June 21, 2009 07:17 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John, make sure the volume is well down when not projecting if the hum bothers you, usually all it is.Whipo her back up once the film is away.

Also the ratatatatty projection is usual on Sankyo`s, the same stable Bell and Howels and also Yelcos and many Fuji`s.Its the type of metal chromed gate they have. Also single claw.

Some seem to do it more noticeably than others, Filmgaurd helps, you will usually find acetate loudest, nice well slit polyester stock like 80`s kodak LPP usually the quietest.

I`m sure you will get used to it, on my Yelco I use the onboard speaker as that helps mask it a bit. If I run my super quiet bauer then pop on the Yelco it sounds as if all heck has broken loose.

Keep the front sprocket shue that you can push down a little clean and it should run well and never mark a film for years, a great ,but chatty projector.

Best Mark.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC