8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » anyone a Kodak sound 8 expert?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone a Kodak sound 8 expert?
Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2009 03:36 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a gorgeous looking Kodak sound 8 that I am tying to get up n running, but I am not getting even a static sound out of the speaker. I am not sure where to look. I changed out all of the tubes and they all look like they are glowing as I can see a small orange glow inside them. I haven't checked plugging in an external speaker yet since I need one of the 3/16 adapters, but the speaker looks to be in fine shape, anyone have an idea of what to look at next....I actually have the repair manual but it does not list what to do if you get absolutely NO sound, only if you get this bad sound or that bad sound... Help! [Confused]

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

|  IP: Logged

Barry Johnson
Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2009 06:29 AM      Profile for Barry Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Firstly,is the amplifier actually switched on,as these (and other) Regular8 sound machines operate perfectly well as a silent machine.
If all is well there then a connection from one of the controls i.e volume,on/off,bass and treble or even record has gone dry or even come loose.Furthermore an output lead to the loudspeaker section is in the same state.As the valves (tubes) all light up then that seems in order.However replacing them would be a good move.All of the above has happened to my gear at some stage for whatever reasons.But bear in mind also these projectors are now a staggering forty years old and will require some tender loving care. Good Luck!

--------------------
Standard8 rules!!

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC