8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » projector speed question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: projector speed question
Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2009 11:54 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello to all.

Can someone tell me the footage per minute running 16mm at 18 frames per second silent speed. I know this is the 8mm half of the forum but I also know some of you might know this answer for me.

Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Chris Smith
Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2009 12:49 PM      Profile for Chris Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
27 feet a minute at 18fps

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2009 05:01 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
File under more than you wanted to know:

16mm film = 40 frames per foot so:
18x60 / 40 = 27
16 (fps) x 60 (sec) / 40 (frames per foot) = 24
24 (fps) x 60 (sec) / 40 (frames per foot) = 36

(35mm is 16 frames to the foot, Regular 8mm is 80 frames per foot and Super 8mm is 72 frames per foot. Sub the value in the formula for the format you want to compute).

John

(In our next little chat, perchance we'll discuss pitch and the variants of negative an positive pitch and how it affect printing and why it wasn't necessary during the nitrate age--then there's peforation types and why they exist--and ....)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC