8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » My lucky purchase (The 3 Stooges lot)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My lucky purchase (The 3 Stooges lot)
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 24, 2009 02:35 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I prefer to share my happiness in this forum rather than with my wife, since she will not get it at all [Big Grin]

So this is the story.

I was watching this listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250472257441

They are 7 lots of three stooges:

1. Sweet pie & pie (1941) 400 reel sound
2. Pop goes the easel 400 reel sound
3. Uncivil Warriors 400 reel Sound
4. Dizzy pilots 400 reel sound
5. Studio Stoops 200 reel sound

(+ 2 X 50" Pardon my scotch & Goofs and saddles)

-

I am one of stooges fan since years ago, and have had 4 x 400" of their titles. My experience in completing my stooges is they are a bit rare (most of them are 200 silent and I don't want the silent ones) and price wise is around $20 up for sound with cover.

But this listing was steady at its starting price, i.e $24 with one bidder had already placed a bid.

And finally I snipped and won for $46.

The seller was in Mexico (so to be honest, I was a bit worried, especially after 2 weeks they haven't arrived),....but today, the films have arrived complete and no one missing.

All films to be in perfect condition (no scratch) and even 2 reels are mint (they still have sticker still glued on film).

I then analyzed what to make this listing so low on bids,... I think, it was because the seller had mis-listed his item under:

* DVDs & Movies > Wholesale Lots > Other

thinking that because the films were in lot, so he put under wholesale lots. If he listed in individual list under DVD & Movies > Film, I believe it would attract more buyers.

He used to list a Marketing Films of "Samson & Delilah" in the Original Marketing Films Deluxe box (3 x 400") for $24 with only 1 bidder to the end. Unfortunately, they were in Spanish, otherwise I would just buy.

I believe even in Spanish this film will be around $60sh. It is very hard to have this title in any languages (even in German, moreover in English!!)

(ps: the seller has now many 8mm items for sale but they are listed in proper category now...)

Now it is my time to enjoy my lucky purchase...

[Wink]

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted August 24, 2009 04:17 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! Wise guy hey. Nuck, nuck, nuck! [Big Grin]

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2009 04:41 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

Moe and Curly would approve...

"Nice job Einstein !"

"'Ya snuck up on 'em poifectly."

As for me, that was a great deal.
[Smile]

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 25, 2009 01:25 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations - I don't recall EVER seeing any of those boxes!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 25, 2009 05:03 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah that was my lucky day.

Moreover, the seller charged me for a very reasonable shipping cost for this heavy items (1.4 kg), i.e $13.5, knowing it flew across two countries from Mexico to Canada via the USA.

Now, any body has complete 3 Stooges catalog/list? (sound only please).

I knew beside Columbia, Walton also released 200" as well as Powell (?) in the UK. Please confirm this for me.

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC