8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Incredible Shrinking Man

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Incredible Shrinking Man
Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2009 08:55 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the 400' digest which is nicely edited like most of the Castle/Universal 8 digests.

It is my understanding that the 200' digest has the flooding scene in the basement. Is this true? The 400' digest does not.

Regards.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

|  IP: Logged

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2009 10:28 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes the 200ft version does contain the flood sequence. There is an obvious difference in the film stocks, but as the sequence is self- contained it isn't too distracting.

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Carter Bradley
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2009 12:47 PM      Profile for Carter Bradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is correct. With the addition of this scene, the U-8 version runs about 22 minutes on a very full 400' reel. Just in case you are interested, the 400' and 200' versions of "The Wolfman" edited together create about a 25 minute version!

Kevin Wardle
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2009 12:41 PM      Profile for Kevin Wardle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I have both these films and like to keep them seperate as the film stocks and sound levels don't match up! Still worth having both extracts though..

Kevin.

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2009 07:53 PM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin is correct -- the problem with editing many of these 200 and 400 footers together: the print and sound quality varies between the edits.

I've found that the only one that yielded a satisfactory edit is the 200- and 400-foot FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLFMAN -- one simple edit at the very beginning, yielding an approx. 500-foot digest.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC