8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » A Film Convention In Wildwood,NJ,Any Interest?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Film Convention In Wildwood,NJ,Any Interest?
John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2009 12:20 AM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am in the opening stages of having a film collectors convention sometime in November.This will be a film only affair,with dealers tables and an auction.( A real one!)I used to put on film collector's shows years ago,but that really wouldn't work now.It would be cost prohibitive.But,with prodding from Shorty,I am trying to have a collectors get together over a weekend.Bring stuff to sell or swap,meet other collectors,maybe some new ones.What I'll need is conformations for 30 rooms.Then I can get everyone one discount rates on the rooms,plus use of a large hospitality room for dealers tables and running films at night.I have some dealers already confirmed.Would love for some of the newer collectors to get an idea how much fun film shows were and still can be.Admission will be free,dealers tables for the cost of renting them,about $10.This is NOT a profit making enterprise,just a chance to see lots of old friends.I have dealers as far away as ST Louis coming.So,let me know what the interest level is.Thanks.

--------------------
Beat em or burn em,they go up pretty quick

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 22, 2009 05:44 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm there already

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2009 02:52 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Depending on the date John, I will definately try to be there.

James.

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2009 09:45 PM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great! Thanks James.I'm hoping to have 8mm people there,as it is my favorite gauge,but so far I've been bombarded with 16 and you and shorty are the only two 8 guys.Guys,I'm trying hard to do this,I'm not making a penny off it.Aupport this and we can do more shows.

--------------------

Marshall Crist
Master Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2009 12:27 AM      Profile for Marshall Crist   Email Marshall Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that anywhere near Fort Lee, home of the Ken Films PO box?

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 23, 2009 08:19 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Google or GPS the Wildwood Area, it's beautiful. If John gets the hotel he wants to have the show in, many rooms have a deck over looking the sea. Importantly, this will be the first gathering of film aficionados on the east coast, particularly Jersey, in many a year since the old East Hanover and Cherry Hill shows. Driving to Wildwood or Wildwood Crest is about 3 hours, straight south on the GSP to the exit - Easy enough - Like many shows (Chiller Theatre and such), it begins small and eager, then it gradually gains strength to support itself as a bi-annual occasion like Blackpool, something I've always wanted to see. I strongly feel this enterprise be encouraged if to gather us to confer, discuss and show film, alot of positive action can come from it. Besides, I'd like to see what you people look like, and I know everyone wants to see if Shorty really is what the moniker implies [Smile] I say let's have some fun and trade, sell and as we always do, run film and go from there - My nickel, Shorty

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2009 05:20 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,

I can't say 'yes' for sure but I would love to attend. That sounds like a great idea. I'm about 500 miles away and I don't fly! I could drive it but I don't really know if I could afford that kind of trip this year. I could certainly plan for next year. But...

...maybe this year...I'll have to watch for updates and see.

Bill

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2009 11:40 PM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the interest,Bill.Maybe someone else in Ohio who might go can spare a seat?I'm hoping to have Steve Osboune attend.

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 01, 2009 11:29 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, get in touch soon

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2009 11:25 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John

I am very interested in attending this. Please keep me posted.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC