8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Finally, Upgrading to a GS1200

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Finally, Upgrading to a GS1200
Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2009 08:38 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should have the unit in my hands in a couple of weeks! I am very excited about this acquisition! Now, I am fumbling back through postings related to the GS.... this will take hours! But, worth it. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated! Oh, and still looking for a reasonable scope bracket.

Greg

|  IP: Logged

Mike Tynus
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2009 05:11 AM      Profile for Mike Tynus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Greg,
The first thing you want to do is run a test loop of film through the machine a few times to make sure it's not scratching anywhere. As great as these machines are, there are several areas that WILL wear down a little and start there ill effects. Particularly the green inlet chute and the soundhead area. But anyhow, I hope you enjoy the machine.

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2009 08:46 AM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Mike, for the pointer. I will do that!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC