8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ST-1200 on ebay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ST-1200 on ebay
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted December 30, 2009 04:13 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The description states that this will not run at 18fps - is this a problem that can be easily fixed?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELMO-ST-1200HD-2-TRACK-SUPER-8-PROJECTOR_W0QQitemZ190361430322QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Photography_VintagePhotography_VintagePhotoAccessories?hash=item2c526ce932

|  IP: Logged

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2009 04:52 AM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spotted this mi self last night and wondered the same thing

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"
"No, she's just nipped to Sainsbury's. Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted December 30, 2009 05:38 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know nothing about these machines. How is the switch from 24 to 18 normally achieved? There doesn't appear to be a control switch anywhere on the projector, unless I'm just not seeing it in the pictures. Is it done by changing the pulley as in some 16mm projectors?

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2009 05:58 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael,the switch to change the speeds isn't in the pictures,it's on the back of the machine.Could be a belt missing inside the machine as the speed is controled by a rubber wheel,unless of course the rubber wheel itself needs replacing....Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted December 30, 2009 06:31 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark,

I guess replacing a belt is no big deal. Is replacing the rubber wheel a big job or could a simple oul paddy like meself do it?
[Smile] [Smile]

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2009 06:42 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It won't be a big problem to solve the speed problem. And I personally think the price is very good indeed.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted December 30, 2009 06:48 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, yeah, the price is very good at the moment. I don't imagine the final price will be £75 though.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2009 06:52 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, let's hope it won't get higher. Good luck to the lucky one [Wink] .

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted December 30, 2009 07:06 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can one of the standard Eiki/Elf extension speakers run off this projector, or does it require a specific Elmo speaker?

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2009 10:58 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

I tried my ST1200HD with the dual-speaker rig in the lid of my Eiki 3500 and it does work, but it's neither ear-blowing in volume, nor all that good sounding, because of the amp's limitations.

If you are referring to free-standing separate speakers:
pretty much any extension speaker with an 8-ohm impedance and a high efficiency rating can be used with the 1200.
The amp doesn't have that much to give before it distorts, so the more efficient the better.

If you don't hook into the home stereo, a self-powered speaker is ultimately the best-sounding solution, bypassing the 'speaker out' on the projector.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2009 05:39 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael,Changing the belt is easy enough but if it is the rubber roller then it's getting hold of one that's the problem,most people only use the 24fps on these machines i would imagine anyway,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2009 06:59 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well guys, all I can say is this.........The machine is in mint condition apart from the 18/24 fps problem.
i had a look at the pj today myself at the gentlemans home and I repeat GENTLEMAN !!!!!.
The pj is outstanding for its age and he is an avid collector and expert in this field. I have only met the man once and that was today and I am in no way trying to influence anyone to buy this PJ.

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"
"No, she's just nipped to Sainsbury's. Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 03:27 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sold for £132.77p [Eek!]

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC