8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Thank you, Doug Meltzer (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Thank you, Doug Meltzer
John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2010 05:47 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank - I just now read this thread and I totally saw your post as funny. You just went with it, building and building on it like a good Tex Avery cartoon! A great entertaining reply to an otherwise unremarkable little post that would have been buried rather quickly otherwise.

BTW, I'm glad Joe & Doug are happy with their trade. Joe helped me out once with a film I was trying to find, and I was happy. :-)

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 20, 2010 08:22 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,

"an otherwise unremarkable little post"? Thanks for the critique.
I'll be looking more closely at your upcoming disquisitions.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2010 08:57 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug,

Hey, it was Joe's post anyway, but I welcome your critiques regardless.

John

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2010 06:54 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi to all the Members on the thread.

I want to thank you all for responding & livening up a the forum a bit.
Quite a spectrum of responses emerged & it was most interesting & fun to read them.

I feel compelled to respond very briefly to each Member that replied, or risk being thought of as rude, which I try not to be.

So here goes..

TO JOE
Thanks for releasing full details of the deal for which you publicly thanked Doug for.
Wow, thats some deal you done, no wonder you are excited.

We can all now consider the pros & cons & my personal opinion is, that if there is no color turning red in "The tall Men" then you both got a good deal. A fair swap.
However, if there is turning red, then I think Doug got the better of you on that deal.
The important thing is that you are both happy & you want more of the same deals.

TO STEWART
Come now Stuart, When effusive thanks are offered in in the Forum to the Moderator, the Members in the room are naturally going to wonder what was the deal they are talking about.
Why mention it here if we arent going to be told the rest?
Your advice on my future posting brevity is noted & taken on board.

TO OSSIE,
Your words are re assuring. Its good to know that you don't have any favourites here.
I also agree that Doug does a very good job moderating here in the Forum, assisted most ably by Kevin & Brad.
However, he was thanked publicly for something done in private.
Curiosity impulsively compelled me to comment on the lack of detail.

TO CHRISTIAN,
Thanks for only dissagreeing with me a on only a little & thanks a lot for agreeing with me on the majority of the stuff.

TO STEVE
You are right, It was serious thanking going on.
but when you thank a room Moderator with such obvious gratitude, it's bound to get tongues wagging because we were only told half the story. People want to know the lot.

TO MICHAEL
Thanks for the support & you are a man that understands others well. I always enjoy your posts. We think similarly on stuff.
The War of the Worlds is one of my favourite classics & this reaction here is mild compared to that. I am flattered,,heheeheh

TO GIAN,
I am gradually reverting back to childhood as it was a fun time & far too short.

TO GRAHAM
If you feel that way, then what real interest could you have in the post?

TO TREVOR
I may sound serious but I really ain't.
Projector Heaven is a fun place where seriousness is restricted to diagnosing troubled Movie Projectors.
The rest is devoted to the enjoyment of owning amazing vintage Projectors & assisting others to enjoy their home movies by fixing as many Projectors as possible before I die.

TO PAUL
Thanks for your understanding. I always read your posts with great interest. We could have a lot in common, especially our fondness for Eumigs including P8 & Pathes.

TO DOUG,
Its great to have you as our moderator.
Deadpan is better than Dead, I think.
I think you may have come out of that film deal with Joe, slightly ahead. Congratulations.
PS I love your signature line.

TO DINO
I will be trying out all the Gremlins to see which ones work.
Faulty Gremlins need to be reported to Management by members.

TO JOHN
You took my in the right spirit.
Thanks for the supportive words.

Hope I covered you all...
regards
Dogtor Frankarnstein

[Smile] [Roll Eyes] [Eek!]

[ January 22, 2010, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: frank arnstein ]

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 22, 2010 08:22 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank,

... as an artist, how could I not wish to "draw" that magnificent profile?

and well ... we don't have a lot of money these days, but you at least deserve a "quarter" for the privilege of sketching such a magnificent profile!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 22, 2010 10:11 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TO FRANK,

Somebody was trying to say something positive and you highjacked his thread.

-No good deed goes unpunished, I guess.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2010 02:33 PM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Frank
To be honest i really wasn`t interested in what deal was done,it`s none of my business,But i can understand some people might be interested, or just plain nosey to find out what the deal was.
My Graemlins are working perfectly.

Regards
Stewart

--------------------
I`ve, seen things you people wouldn`t believe,

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC