8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » GS-1200 Sync Question (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: GS-1200 Sync Question
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 28, 2010 11:21 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joerg,

Is the square signal generated by the PC or the Sound card or the DVD when using the Adobe Premier method? Can you play a copyrighted DVD in the Adobe software program?

[ March 01, 2010, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: Dan Lail ]

|  IP: Logged

Joerg Niggemann
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2010 09:40 AM      Profile for Joerg Niggemann   Email Joerg Niggemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, the square signal is a soundfile on my PC. It is played back

* in the Premiere timeline through the center channel of my soundcard, with the GS ESS port connected during re-recording.

* through the center channel of my DVD Player when the project is finished and put to DVD as a backup.

To use a DVD movie in the Premiere timeline, I convert it into a DV avi file. This can be done in a way that you play back the DVD on your PC and record it to avi at the same time with a freeware tool. This method is legal (at least here in Germany) because you don't touch the CSS copy protection of the DVD. Of course, there are other much faster methods, but please don't ask me...

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 01, 2010 11:27 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joerg Niggemann said...

quote:
Of course, there are other much faster methods, but please don't ask me...
What's up with this??? You have answered other members when questions were asked! You are the original poster of these methods and people are interested and even complimented you on you discovery. Why should I not ask?

Joerg Niggemann
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2010 05:19 PM      Profile for Joerg Niggemann   Email Joerg Niggemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, the freeware tool "xmedia recode" can transcode a DVD movie into a DV avi file which is readable in Adobe Premiere. It will only handle DVD data without copy protection. Other DVDs can be captured from the screen into avi with "hypercam" for example. Some other tools available on the net may be faster but also illegal to use, depending on your country's laws. That's why I say "don't ask me".

What I recommend is to start with a more simple setup...

Damien Taylor
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2010 05:30 PM      Profile for Damien Taylor   Email Damien Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why should I not ask?
It is illegal. Forums are not private.

In this case, Google is your friend.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 01, 2010 06:35 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Joerg! My apologies for misunderstanding. [Confused] Thanks for tips and the negs. [Big Grin] (I hope that was tech talk humor).

Thanks, Damien. Google good, Google good, Google good. I think I have it now. [Big Grin]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC