8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Great Box Art! (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Great Box Art!
John Davis
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2011 04:16 PM      Profile for John Davis   Email John Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Doug,
that's right, I can log in to edit but the same log in doesn't allow me to upload,
John

|  IP: Logged

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2011 04:39 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be interesting to know more about Entertainment Films...
At one point I also had a 400' Nosferatu and The Bells (1926)from them but in plain white boxes.
Cheers
Terry

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted August 08, 2011 12:14 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding past commemnts of the "Iwo Jima cover" the island itself was only 4.5 miles long and 2.5 miles wide. To take that island was very costly in lives. I think the title on the box is appropriate for those involved and speaks for itself.

Anyway.... here are some more
 -

-
[Smile]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 08, 2011 03:52 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two with The Duke:

-

-

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 01, 2011 10:49 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paramount comedies from Ken Films:

-

-

-

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 01, 2013 10:23 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a copy of The Incredible Shrinking Man; I used to like the Castle shorts because you saw subtitles, rather than separate titles as in the Walton releases. The Castle Films in the UK were in flimsier boxes than the US copies and had a paper label rather than the image direct on the box. I am afraid I gave all of them away to a beginner when I went over to sound. Great to see these images, they bring back a lot of memories.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted September 01, 2013 11:34 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I well remember the Castle two piece boxes, beautiful illustrations,
"The Mummy's Tomb" springs to mind, being one of the first Castle Film 200's I purchased. As Robert says, they invoke memories of happy collecting, long gone. Truth be told for me, I
think our friends in Germany & Holland had the nicest boxes
regarding longevity, Marketing, and UFA, with great photos on the
boxes, even though I am not really that into boxes, as it's always
the film with me, they were rather nice, as were Columbia with
nice stills from the film.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 01, 2013 11:40 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a box-boy from way back, some of the finer ones were (are);

APOLLO ELEVEN MISSION, BAITING BEAUTIES, RAILS INTO LARAMIE, DRACULA, GOBS IN A MESS - Just for a random example on some categories - Shorty

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted September 01, 2013 12:10 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, your name is synonymous with box collecting as is Pat, Paul
Tom & Winbert, with box tops, can I add far superior to what the professionals gave us. LEGENDS OF THE GAUGE.
Truly, thanks to folks like you, future geeks can view the wrappings of this dubious hobby.

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 01, 2013 12:11 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One I would like see if you have it Douglas is Albert Dekker in 'Dr.Cyclops'

Here is one I have, not sure if it qualifies as great art, but I don't think many, even in the UK will have seen this Laurel & Hardy short. It was made by Arrow Photographic, and I bought it about 1974.

-

-

-

This last one says ABC Film Library, New Jersey. I remember they also did Tom Sawyer, which was also from the Selznick Studios.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC