8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » eBay SWINDLER seller - Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: eBay SWINDLER seller - Help!
Miguel Gimenez
Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2010 02:59 AM      Profile for Miguel Gimenez   Email Miguel Gimenez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello

I have an annoying problem with a purchase in eBay.co.uk. I will tell the details later, you will understand why.

I bought a super8 movie that never arrived, the claim time passed because according to the seller the postal service told him it could take up to 30 working days, so I waited. With some communication, hypotetical research by the seller with the postal service (he told me he did it...), answers, questions, let some days go, etc has put me in a situation where I can't make a claim or even leave negative feedback.

A week before the deadline for leaving feedback the seller proposed me a half refund. Instead I asked for proof of posting but he stopped communication. Now I have accepted the half refund but he does not answer, neither. So I don't have the refund nor the article.

I acknowledge that my fault has been to be kind, understanding and patient.

EBay support sticks to its own rule of a deadline of 45 to start claims and do nothing more (not a positive point for eBay imo, that's clear)

The seller only sells super8 movies, so at this point my only force is to threat him to spread my experience (and his name) between his customers, i.e. in as many super8 forums as possible, here in the UK, in the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, etc. (although I can only write english, french and spanish...)

So as I am not new to super8, but I am to the super8 world in the web, I pray you to point me to as many forums as possible in internet where I could eventually warn people about this experience.

I am not going to publish his name for now, as first I need to see which are the possibilities, before telling him about my possible action.

Thank you very much for your help!

|  IP: Logged

Bart Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2010 03:36 AM      Profile for Bart Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Bart Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you paid the PayPal payment using a Credit Card you can go to your card company and request a refund. You can do this considerably later, even as much as 6 months.

If it was paid using a Debit Card or from your PayPal balance then you cannot.

--------------------
www.bluecinetech.co.uk

Miguel Gimenez
Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2010 03:50 AM      Profile for Miguel Gimenez   Email Miguel Gimenez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thx! I used PayPal but using a Visa, not the balance of PayPal. So I guess I could ask for a refund. I guess I have to go to my bank.

Links to other super8 forums are still wanted, though [Smile] .

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2010 03:59 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely yes, Miguel.

You are absolutely still in time to cancel the payment.
You will be probably asked to 'prove' you did not have any good you were supposed to receive. So, if possible, take with you some printed copies of the mails you wrote to the seller/his replies. This will help.

Let us know.
Sorry in reading about this. I cannot understand the reason why people involved in our hobby still act this way [Frown] .
Ciao.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Damien Taylor
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2010 07:06 AM      Profile for Damien Taylor   Email Damien Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry Gian, I've seen exactly the same thing happen in; Film Collecting, Record and Hi-Fi, Model Railroading, Ham Radio, Auto Clubs... For every subset of society that exists, there will always be bad eggs.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2010 07:08 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Damien. Unfortunately [Frown] ...

--------------------

Damien Taylor
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2010 07:13 AM      Profile for Damien Taylor   Email Damien Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately indeed! The eBay feedback system is supposed to discourage this sort of activity, but obviously it still needs work.

OP: As others have suggested, chargeback!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2010 07:26 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This would be really great!

Anyway, guys, NEVER GIVE UP with this!

If you use your credit card for any kind of transaction, you are not satisfied and sellers (of course I'm referring to 'bad ones' or dishonest) don't help, rembember you can cancel all payments, if you prove you did not get any items and the seller don't have any shipping document to show or is not in a position to demonstrate he really did all his best to sort any kind of problem!

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 31, 2010 11:04 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PayPal with credit cards are the way to go! I've sent Miguel the info he requested.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2010 04:58 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done, Doug.
I'm very sensitive to this matter for lots of reasons!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC