8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo 800 gate cleaning.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo 800 gate cleaning.
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 17, 2010 06:30 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What brush can be bought that's suitable for this?

|  IP: Logged

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2010 11:06 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use those cans of compressed air that you can get from Maplins or on ebay. It's great for clearing out the fluff. Long cotton buds dipped in isopropyl alcohol (Maplins again) are excellent for cleaning the film path.

Barrie Didham
Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2010 11:30 AM      Profile for Barrie Didham   Email Barrie Didham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use these types,and if you clean with ISO and cotton q-tips,lube the film path and gate as the ISO makes it dry and could damage your films or cause shuttering of the picture through friction.
 -
If the end is like those shown in the picture,clip them back as close as you can to the nylon,I clip the first nylon ring off.

--------------------
Between Heaven and Hell there will always be Super8

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC