8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sound head wanted for a Sankyo Stero 800

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sound head wanted for a Sankyo Stero 800
Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2010 04:58 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello I am looking for a sound head for my Sankyo Stereo 800. At present I have no sound, the amp and speakers work (as tested with a mic thru the PA system) so the assumption is the head has failed (is that possible) Any advice and spares gladly welcome, thank you

|  IP: Logged

Barrie Didham
Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2010 05:30 AM      Profile for Barrie Didham   Email Barrie Didham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These heads just plug into the board,make sure its not loose or the wires broken.

I have a whole block from a 700,im sure the heads are the same but am not sure,but the block might not be,its in perfect condition from a projector that was dropped,so i bought it for $150 and stripped it for parts,but have since sold my Sankyo 700.

I dont know what these head blocks are worth,maybe someone here can tell me and if you have no luck we can try and work out a way to do a deal,i dont use a visa just now and dont have pay pal.

I,ll have a look and get back to you.

--------------------
Between Heaven and Hell there will always be Super8

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2010 03:18 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please keep in mind the PA circuitry may be a little different with a different path for the sound to follow: you might have a problem with the very circuitry on the magnetic pre-amp board, even a condenser may give problems if it's interrupted; have you checked for problems like these? Sound heads are very hard on the Sankyo's, almost as hard as Elmo's (albeit the pressure pads are prolly less gentle...), so IMHO it's rather unlike the heads are totaly worn-out in your machine.

Anyway, I have some of these specifically for the Stereo 800, complete with support block, pressure pads and all the wirings and connectors to the sound board: ready to install, no soldering and next to no adjusting needed. They are factory new, never used, purchased from the Swiss Sankyo representative about ten years ago.

If interested, please email me:
maurizio_dicintio (at) fastwebnet (dot) it

--------------------
Maurizio

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2010 04:08 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Guys, your help and support is much appreciated. I threw caution to the wind and sold the projector as spares and repairs on Ebay. But I'll pass on your info to the new owner, sans your email addresses etc. Cheers and thanks.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC