8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Scope X2 Proskar lens for an Elmo ST1200

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scope X2 Proskar lens for an Elmo ST1200
Barrie Didham
Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2010 10:28 PM      Profile for Barrie Didham   Email Barrie Didham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a chance to buy a Proskar X2 Anamorphic 16mm lense.

Is this the right scope lense for my ST1200(I have both 1.1 and the stock 1.3 lense)but no Scope lense

I just wanted to know if this works ok or will i have problems,i dont offen see scope lense were i live so thought i would ask before i bought this.

Thanks for any help.

--------------------
Between Heaven and Hell there will always be Super8

|  IP: Logged

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2010 04:03 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It will work OK provided the rear element is a little bigger than the front element of the prj lens you intend to use, otherwise you may end up with vignetting onthe screen.

--------------------
Maurizio

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 01, 2010 05:15 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Barrie
I still use the Proskar lens see a photo of it on the "Elmo ST180" topic. There used to be quite a few of them around here in NZ going for about $50 mark, it will work on your projector fine.

Graham.

Barrie Didham
Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2010 05:30 AM      Profile for Barrie Didham   Email Barrie Didham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurizio and Graham for the reply.

Maurizio,the back lens is 40mm from what the seller just told me,im not sure but i think the F1.1 is around 35mm.

Graham,thats one sexy setup,you know i hav,nt even given the bracket a thought Doh!
Anyway,the cost is $120,maybe thats alittle high,its a 16B if that means anything to anyone,im sry but im new to the whole scope thing but have a few 400ft scope films id like to see in there correct ratio.

[ July 02, 2010, 05:41 AM: Message edited by: Barrie Didham ]

--------------------

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2010 05:03 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use one of those very lenses for scope on super 8 and it works fine! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Barrie Didham
Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2010 05:40 AM      Profile for Barrie Didham   Email Barrie Didham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks if the input Pat,i,ve since bought it after reading these few replys,no bracket tho [Frown] and have had to sell a few things off(if im lucky)to pay for it,so here's to something completly different [Wink]

[ July 06, 2010, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Barrie Didham ]

--------------------

Barrie Didham
Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2010 07:23 AM      Profile for Barrie Didham   Email Barrie Didham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well all i have to say is.....WOW!

I got the lense and and went to the vault to get the few Scope print i have.

Dr Zhivago(trailer)
Swashbuckler 400ft U8
The Car 400ft U8

Im now hooked,i watched them 3 times each and would have watch them even more,but i do have a life.

It was so easy to set up that i was alittle beside myself for not getting into scope early on in my 8mm format collecting days.

Now i just need to by more scope films.

I wonder if there are any scope optical prints out there?

Anyway I just want to say thanks to the few that helped me in the right direction.

Thankyou. [Smile]

--------------------

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2010 12:17 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great news you are all up and running with scope films Barrie!
I would try and get a copy of the 400ft 2nd part digest of STARWARS this was released in scope as well as standard, it is a great wee scope reel and looks good on the big screen!

--------------------

Barrie Didham
Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2010 04:02 AM      Profile for Barrie Didham   Email Barrie Didham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well i will sure be looking out for more prints,however i havnt sorted out a visa yet,so i cant see anything new soon.

On a bright note,i just scored two more ELMO ST-1200 projectors,one a standard Blue model and the other anther Silver M+O for a low price of $280 [Big Grin]

So it looks like i,ll be able to have one setup for scope full time.

--------------------

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2010 12:35 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great news Barrie!, I see you got both of those machines for a song!, I may be able to help you out with some lenses etc????
Pat [Big Grin]

--------------------

Barrie Didham
Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2010 01:29 AM      Profile for Barrie Didham   Email Barrie Didham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be great Pat,so far you,ve been a Super 8 life saver.

Will drop you a line once i know what i have on my hands.

I can only be sure of 1 lense on these,but would love to see what a F:1.0 would veiw like on the M+O.

I wish i could get my hands on a few 1200ft reels,i have one but its only good for a takeup for now.

As im into studio reel to reel gear,im thinking i might have to look at making them myself,im sure a good balanced design light weight and a laser cutter could produce them at a low cost,something i will look into later.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC