8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Anyone know what this power socket is?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone know what this power socket is?
Barrie Didham
Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2010 01:27 AM      Profile for Barrie Didham   Email Barrie Didham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On my Elmo ST-1200HD TC(Tele-cine)M+O projector,it has a 5 pin screw in power jack.

Can someone help with a link to a picture of how this is wired or a link to where to buy one.

Unless i can find one i cant fire this up.

-

-

--------------------
Between Heaven and Hell there will always be Super8

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 21, 2010 03:05 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barrie, this is the old Elmo socket and finding a cord is really hard. On all machines I've come accross, except my SC8 which came with the proper cord, I've removed it and rewired a modern socket.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Barrie Didham
Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2010 03:33 AM      Profile for Barrie Didham   Email Barrie Didham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reply Jean

But the problem i have is that the socket has 1Yellow(earth)/1White?/1Brown(power) and 2 Blue? wires.

I have no idea how to wire this up to a 3 pin socket(power/phase/earth),I suspect from looking at it,one blue wire is for the 50/60Hz box as this ST1200 has no shutter wheel or rollers with the Hertz Belt for speed control.

Also it only has the one speed of(at a quess)24 fps

If you could help that would be great,i really want to see this up and running,it looks like its had almost no use at all.

--------------------
Between Heaven and Hell there will always be Super8

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 22, 2010 03:13 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On regular ST1200s, two rubber rollers of different sizes allow the speed change from 18 to 24 fps. The St1200 motor runs on AC, therefore it's in theory revolving at fixed speed. I have looked around but I've been unable to locate schematics for that particular machine. Your best bet is to unscrew some of the back panels and follow the wires to see which goes where and try to isolate power, phase and earth.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

John Hermes
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2010 02:19 PM      Profile for John Hermes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barrie, were you ever able to find out about the wiring? I am in the same boat.

--------------------
John Hermes

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC