8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Newbie here - help on Chinon 8000 Sound

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Newbie here - help on Chinon 8000 Sound
Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2010 01:18 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I have an unstable picture on my Chinon sound 8000 and have been advised to adjust the gate tension carefully, I am not sure what,where and how to do it?. I have no manual with it either,Thanks in advance guys.Clinton

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

|  IP: Logged

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2010 09:19 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clinton, nice to see you have joined the forum, I have never had much to do with a Chinon, I am sure someone here on the forum will be able to help.
Pat [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2010 06:45 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clinton

Before interfering with any gate pressure settings, have you cleaned the gate thoroughly to remove any dust or debris caught anywhere in the film path or pressure plate?

That includes on the claw finger tips. Check that there isnt a ball of fluff caught there.

Try that and let us know if its still shaking.
dogtor frankarnstein

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

William Mouroukas
Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2011 06:08 AM      Profile for William Mouroukas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been given a Chinon Sound 8000 that lights up but no transport movement. I'm tinkering with it as a bit of a personal challenge and to hopefully teach myself a little about projector mechanics.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC